“Phenomenal Pizza, Service, ambience, and Cappuccino”
Review of Pi Pizzeria

Pi Pizzeria
Ranked #56 of 148 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$15 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Pi Pizzeria serves authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza and delicious Italian American cuisine. We prepare the food using the time-honored methods of traditional Italian cooking. Our dough is made fresh each morning, the sauce is made from scratch using imported San Marzano tomatoes and our whole milk mozzarella cheese is grated fresh each day. The pizza toppings are what you would find in a traditional Neapolitan pizzeria. The pizzas are cooked at 900 degrees in Nantucket’s only commercial wood fired oven. Each evening we offer additions to our dinner menu that are driven by local and seasonal ingredients. Visit Pi Pizzeria and experience a taste of Naples Italy on Nantucket.
Reviewed 7 September 2016

My husband and I tried to come here for lunch one day but we didn't realize that they close at 2:30 and had gotten there too late!! Thankfully someone did walk out of the restaurant and let us know and also told us that the food is super delicious and it turns out they were right! We made sure to go back the next night for dinner. We did not have a reservation and I highly advise that you make one as I think we got lucky since the place was super duper packed and the wait was pretty long. We really didn't mind though as this was on our list of things to do and we had to have the Pizza. This was our second time visiting the island and we couldn't leave the island without trying the pizza. Everyone always said amazing things about their pizza. The host was super nice and took down our name and the time went by quick and we sat down. We ordered an amazing soup, MINESTRONE (def make sure you order this) it's the most delicious soup you'll ever taste in your entire life. I wish I lived close to this place so I could order it all through fall and winter too. I ordered a small MARGHERITA pizza. The pizza is one of the greatest pizza's I have ever had too. It is not greasy at all and it is thin slice but the crust is not burned so you will def enjoy it. The owner Maria is so sweet she comes around and talks to everyone to make sure they feel welcomed. This really made our experience a one of a kind and when we return to the island we will def be back and I will be sure to bring my niece and nephews as they will love it too! Oh and last but not least the Cappuccino here is better than any Cappuccino you have ever tasted in any café! It is scrumptious. I just wish I wasn't soooo hungry and had time to take pictures and document all of this deliciousness. I highly recommend Pi Pizzeria to anyone visiting the island! Go here you will not only have an amazing experience it will be a lasting memory of the greatest pizza you ever had!!

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here since it opened and actually before it opened...West Creek Cafe, Beach Plum and Upper Crust. We have enjoyed all these iterations.
Pi is so much more than a pizzeria! We love their pizza but so do we love everything else! The food outstanding....from the Tuscan white bean soup (7$) to the Lasagne with Ragu. Just take your finger point to the menu blindly....you will not be unhappy. They have the best steak (aged, marbleized and generous sized) on the Island... It is served with homemade gnocchi!!!! Their Minestrone soup is also outrageously good.
The owners are Maria and Evan.... It is clearly an excellent Mom and Pop operation but saying that doesnt do this casual restaurant with sophisticated food justice!
The waitstaff are also excellent from Chris and Greer at the bar and Anatoly, Max ,Conner and the rest of this great bunch waiting tables.
Please dont change a thing.....stay as magic as you are.
Nantucket has too many upscale, expensive restaurants....this is a refreshing change

2  Thank wrldtrav
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We went to this restaurant last year… we kind of found it by driving by, as it is not in the downtown hub. We ate there last year and I recall enjoying it. This year we ordered a margarita pizza, and it did come out looking just like the picture above -just too much sauce and not enough cheese. If the proportion was better, would have rated this restaurant a "very good". We did also order the arancini which was outstanding. I did think it was unusual that I asked for a little extra plain sauce for the rice balls (since the sauce was covered in parmesan which I am not a fan of) and they charged me a fee for what looked like a quarter cup of sauce. Next time will try the new Oath pizza downtown.

Evan M, Owner at Pi Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Thank you for your suggestions and comments. On your next visit ask that your Margarita has light sauce and extra cheese we are always happy to accommodate. Or try our Classic Cheese Pizza as it does have less sauce and the cheese covers the whole pizza, I'm sure you'll love it. So happy that you found our Arancici to be "outstanding" we use Pecorino Romano on them not Parm, or just ask for no grated cheese on top. Yes there are small charges for extras as we only use high-quality ingredients and don't build them into our fixed costs. Most of all thank you for your repeat business and trying us again this year we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The girl in the front acts likes she is the hostess at a 5 star restaurant in Manhattan. I felt like she thought I should be grateful to eat there. You call in an order and get a pick up time and apparently you can't be early....however they are able to be late. I wouldn't call here for Pizza night with the family.

1  Thank apipNyc
Evan M, Owner at Pi Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

I am truly sorry about your unpleasant experience. Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to be able to correct this. We all strive for kind and courteous service with prompt, realistic pick up times. Our restaurant and take-out can be quite busy at times and we are sorry that you had to wait for your pizza.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped by after a long day. Hungry. Needed a good meal. Sat at the bar. Bartender was great. Caprese and a large pizza with a cannoli for dessert. Happy campers all around. Service was prompt and efficient (and it was a Friday night in August). The pizza is very good. Nice wines. Kudos to all.