All reviews breakfast vouchers in town cubby hole historic downtown area chestnut street private bathroom extensive knowledge first floor other guests small fridge the ground floor rooms are comfortable morning coffee guest house perfect spot common room location is ideal
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Arrived on the 21st for our daughters wedding and were met by the owners Mitch and Diane Carl along with their dog,Rue. They were very helpful in getting us acclamated to the island and offered a few helpful money saving tips. We had an opportunity to see all the rooms as our friends and relatives took up all the rooms. They were quite nice with many antique furnishings the beds were quite comfotable and the rooms were very clean. Also, the location of the inn is central to everything shops restaurants the Whaling Museum gallerys the wharf etc. The weather was overcast and cool and the wedding turned out great which was at the White Elephant which you should take a walk to see.You should also go to the Whaling Museum which was quite informative as well as take a short tour of the island.
I would highly recommend the Hawthorn House.
Burt Kelman 9-26-11

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Burt K
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I would absolutely recommend the Hawthorn House. It is a very pretty building with 3 floors, and the rooms are all different and very nice. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. It is also right downtown all along the pretty cobblestone roads. The breakfast voucher was muchly appreciated, and we dined at Arno's which we loved! Will definitely be returning!

1  Thank CEC921
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We love staying at Hawthorn House because of their extremely convenient location....a short walk from the ferry and literally around the corner from the downtown attractions, shops and restaurants....yet it is located on a quiet, peaceful street. Mitch and Diane are gracious hosts who know the island well. We'll be back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I have been coming to Nantucket for over 40 years. I have owned houses, been a house guest and stayed in many of the Inns and hotels.
on July Fourth weekend I stayed (my first time) at the Hawthorn House, and most importantly in the Cubby Hole. Loved it! The room is totally separate and detached from the rest of the rest of the Inn- very private, very cute, a big room with a kitchen and little sitting area. The Inn keepers were fantastic. Most inn keepers on ACK get a bit cranky on really crowded weekends. Not our hosts. Helpful, Happy, and just plain accommodating. They were even instrumental in helping me receive a critical FedEx package. The Inn is dead in the middle of town but on a quiet street - Location is perfect. this place is great and will now be the first call I make whenever I need a room on Nantucket!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank DavidWeil
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I visit the island almost every summer and have stayed at many Inns/Lodgings and Hawthorn House is the best of all. The central location and being on a quiet side street was a bonus, Service was excellent The price was reasonable and the accommodations were comfortable and superbly kept. I plan to be in room 2 the same weekend next June! I better be careful so that the best kept secret on island doesn't become too popular!
Jean Bailey