Jared Coffin House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$510
76 Main(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$479
  • Breakfast included
The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$885
US$761
21 Broad Hotel(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$479
  • Breakfast included
Brass Lantern Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$525
Official Site
The Beachside(Nantucket)
US$432
US$396
Priceline
White Elephant(Nantucket)
US$995
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$880
Centerboard Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$299
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbreakfast vouchersin towncubby holehistoric downtown areaprivate bathroomextensive knowledgefirst floorother guestsoff seasonthe ground floorguest housemorning coffeecommon roomlocation is idealan easy walkshort walknantucket experience
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My fiance and I spent a very comfortable night at the Hawthorn House on a visit to Nantucket in September of 2012. The owner was very friendly, holding our luggage for us until the room was ready and also making some helpful recommendations in terms of restaurants and sightseeing. The rooms were small but clean, and having the private bathroom was a big plus. There's no breakfast available at the hotel, but we were given a little meal card good at a few local cafe's so we had our choice for breakfast and the location is ideal.. right in downtown Nantucket, about a 2 minute walk from the Whaling Museum and maybe 5 minutes from the ferry terminal. All told a great experience and I'd definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Zaknafein
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to give Hawthorn House a favorable review.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Inn is really in the center of town, but on a side street so there is really no noise when you are in side.
The owners are very friendly and even thou they are not there most of the time we did not need them as we got all we need it in our room.
We stayed on a room to the side of the main home, they call it "the cubbyhole" it has a small kitchen. We will love to go back to the same place next year.

1  Thank freddylada
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed in the suite on the third floor, which was great. We were steps from everything and had a great time. About a month before we were supposed to vacation we had to move our trip two weeks, Hawthorn House was great at accommodating the change. We had originally booked the king room, which wasn't available, but the suite turned out great. The ground floor rooms are right by the front door and I felt a bit bad for the people staying in those if they were in when we bumped our luggage a bit or came back after everything had quieted down for the night at the house. Not much was open super late though, I found the area very quiet (comparatively, I live on a main thoroughfare in a city) and we slept with the windows open. I definitely recommend Nantucket & Hawthorn House, particularly just past peak season (second week of September).

Room Tip: Stairs are a little steep to the third floor but those rooms will have the least foot traffic going by.
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Location is how the Hawthorn House advertises themselves & they are right. It is ideally located in town. I have stayed in almost every room here. This time room 6 on the 2nd floor w/ lots of windows & light. The Hawthorn House doesn't give you breakfast but a $5 voucher (at this time) for one of 3 places. We liked the Easy St. Cantina & went there every day. I personally don't like B&B's only because they usually serve breakfast too early for me, so this works for me. There is coffee in the morning on the 2nd floor. The rooms are neat, well kept & reasonable for Nantucket. It's an easy walk from the ferries if you don't have too much luggage. We always walk. I think the Steamboat Wharf is a tad closer. For those who need the visitors' center, it is right on the corner. There is a sitting room on the 2nd floor. I can answer most questions about Nantucket & the Hawthorn House should anyone have any.

Room Tip: I have lots of tips; just ask.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chatnoir
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I found the Hawthorn House when looking for an inexpensive place to stay on the island. I have been to Nantucket a number of times and stayed at various places in town. This my new favorite! The location is terrific, one block from the whaling museum and Main St. I was pleasantly surprised to find a refrigerator in our room, with ice bucket and ice available from the owners, they even let me borrow a knife to cut my lime for cocktails which we enjoyed in the small courtyard behind the house. Free Wifi, beach towels, great water pressure, air conditioning and a ceiling fan made for a great place to rest between dining at the amazing restaurants and sightseeing. Another surprise was a $5.00 coupon to use at a few local places toward breakfast. We selected The Bean is just around the corner with great espressos and lime rickey's! Go to the Petticoat Row Bakery (also on Center St) for a blueberry muffin. We love to enjoy good coffee and breakfast at our own pace, so we weren't looking for a bed and breakfast and the Hawthorn perfectly met our needs. It is centrally located place to explore the town, with the freedom to sleep in and enjoy breakfast at our leisure. Our room was on the street and on the first floor, so we did hear some street noise, and of course the sounds of other guests coming in and out, but the a/c helped with that a bit. The affordable room rate allowed us to enjoy a romantic evening at the local french restaurant just around the corner, Le Languedoc on our last night. The owners go out of their way to make you feel at home and at ease.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bonnie c

Thanks for your generous praise. It's reviews like this that keep us warm in the winter! Hawthorn House is looking forward to the next time you visit Nantucket. Cheers.