“My favorite place to stay in Nantucket!”
Review of Hawthorn House

Hawthorn House
Ranked #19 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2013

When I travel to Nantucket to visit my daughter, who is the manager of Corazon del Mar, I choose to stay at Hawthorn House as it is close to everything I want. I've tried numerous Inns and without a doubt this is my favorite! The rooms are wonderful, charming, comfortable and always neat and clean. The bathrooms as well, never run out of hot water either! On my last trip I was suffering with a knee injury and ended up in my room the majority of the trip. The owners were so kind, providing me with plenty of ice and a zip-lock bag so I could ice my knee. They even offered to change my room so I didn't have to navigate the stairs. I actually enjoyed my "down" time, watched some TV, did some reading and since I couldn't get out to shop, I even saved money! I highly recommend the Hawthorn House, the rates are good especially if you're traveling in the off season. I know I'll return again this fall and thoroughly enjoy my stay!

Room Tip: I especially like room 6, it has a double bed and a daybed so could easily accommodate 3 people. If...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words. Even after 30 years we never get tired of making our guests smile. Repeat guests are our favorite people!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

My fiance and I spent a very comfortable night at the Hawthorn House on a visit to Nantucket in September of 2012. The owner was very friendly, holding our luggage for us until the room was ready and also making some helpful recommendations in terms of restaurants and sightseeing. The rooms were small but clean, and having the private bathroom was a big plus. There's no breakfast available at the hotel, but we were given a little meal card good at a few local cafe's so we had our choice for breakfast and the location is ideal.. right in downtown Nantucket, about a 2 minute walk from the Whaling Museum and maybe 5 minutes from the ferry terminal. All told a great experience and I'd definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Zaknafein
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to give Hawthorn House a favorable review.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Inn is really in the center of town, but on a side street so there is really no noise when you are in side.
The owners are very friendly and even thou they are not there most of the time we did not need them as we got all we need it in our room.
We stayed on a room to the side of the main home, they call it "the cubbyhole" it has a small kitchen. We will love to go back to the same place next year.

1  Thank freddylada
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed in the suite on the third floor, which was great. We were steps from everything and had a great time. About a month before we were supposed to vacation we had to move our trip two weeks, Hawthorn House was great at accommodating the change. We had originally booked the king room, which wasn't available, but the suite turned out great. The ground floor rooms are right by the front door and I felt a bit bad for the people staying in those if they were in when we bumped our luggage a bit or came back after everything had quieted down for the night at the house. Not much was open super late though, I found the area very quiet (comparatively, I live on a main thoroughfare in a city) and we slept with the windows open. I definitely recommend Nantucket & Hawthorn House, particularly just past peak season (second week of September).

Room Tip: Stairs are a little steep to the third floor but those rooms will have the least foot traffic going...
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Location is how the Hawthorn House advertises themselves & they are right. It is ideally located in town. I have stayed in almost every room here. This time room 6 on the 2nd floor w/ lots of windows & light. The Hawthorn House doesn't give you breakfast but a $5 voucher (at this time) for one of 3 places. We liked the Easy St. Cantina & went there every day. I personally don't like B&B's only because they usually serve breakfast too early for me, so this works for me. There is coffee in the morning on the 2nd floor. The rooms are neat, well kept & reasonable for Nantucket. It's an easy walk from the ferries if you don't have too much luggage. We always walk. I think the Steamboat Wharf is a tad closer. For those who need the visitors' center, it is right on the corner. There is a sitting room on the 2nd floor. I can answer most questions about Nantucket & the Hawthorn House should anyone have any.

Room Tip: I have lots of tips; just ask.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple