All reviews breakfast vouchers cubby hole private bathroom heart of downtown extensive knowledge first floor other guests off season the ground floor common room guest house an easy walk long weekend new england ferry island anyplace
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We booked four nights in July to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The inn is lovely, and innkeepers Mich and Diane were wonderful. The side porch became our "go to" spot in the evenings where we could chill out and enjoy watching people walk on the street, converse with other guests, and enjoy the air. Our room (#2) was nicely decorated, super comfy bed, had a little fridge, and its' own bathroom. There's a sitting room upstairs that has couch, fireplace, and coffee (although it would be great if they left the coffee out all the time).
Coupons for breakfast at nearby spots were a big hit (LOVED the croissants from Petticoat Row Bakery). They also provided a secure spot for us to park our motorbikes off the street. Close proximity to town/ferry/restaurants and shopping plus easy access to beaches and other island locations make this spot a real winner.
I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Use the website and don't be afraid to ask questions. Room 2 is awesome, and the little sitting room upstairs is really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DLWolk
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your kind review of the Hawthorn House on Nantucket. We truly appreciate your time and efforts on our behalf.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked the Hawthorn House for a June, midweek visit. We were very pleased with the location, price and charm of the room and house. Our time in Nantucket was really wonderful; good food, great weather and wonderful hosts. They made it hard to leave. We are hoping to return with the rest of the family.

Room Tip: Staying in room 6 was like living in a tree house. We woke with sounds of birds and leaves and cheery sunshine. We used the bed and the futon. The linens were great. We loved it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank kbboise
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thanks for using the new Trip Advisor link we've added to the bottom of our web page to submit this review. We hope this link streamlined the process and made it as painless as possible to voice your opinion. But mostly we appreciate the glowing review.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was thrilled by my experience this past March at the Hawthorn House. In the winter there are not a lot of options on Nantucket, but no matter the time of year this is the place to stay! The location is fantastic; in the heart of town and within walking distance to everything that area has to offer. Mitch and Diane run an excellent, cozy establishment that offers the historic Nantucket vibe while keeping all amenities up-to-date, clean, and functional. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt L
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you Matt for you kind review of Hawthorn House. Our industry is more and more leaning towards an austere esthetic which we reject so it makes us happy when people such as yourself recognize our effort to inject more character into our product. We are proud to offer the public an authentic Nantucket guesthouse experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

When I travel to Nantucket to visit my daughter, who is the manager of Corazon del Mar, I choose to stay at Hawthorn House as it is close to everything I want. I've tried numerous Inns and without a doubt this is my favorite! The rooms are wonderful, charming, comfortable and always neat and clean. The bathrooms as well, never run out of hot water either! On my last trip I was suffering with a knee injury and ended up in my room the majority of the trip. The owners were so kind, providing me with plenty of ice and a zip-lock bag so I could ice my knee. They even offered to change my room so I didn't have to navigate the stairs. I actually enjoyed my "down" time, watched some TV, did some reading and since I couldn't get out to shop, I even saved money! I highly recommend the Hawthorn House, the rates are good especially if you're traveling in the off season. I know I'll return again this fall and thoroughly enjoy my stay!

Room Tip: I especially like room 6, it has a double bed and a daybed so could easily accommodate 3 people. If you like total privacy room 8 on the 3rd floor will give you that. There is also a small suite on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words. Even after 30 years we never get tired of making our guests smile. Repeat guests are our favorite people!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

My fiance and I spent a very comfortable night at the Hawthorn House on a visit to Nantucket in September of 2012. The owner was very friendly, holding our luggage for us until the room was ready and also making some helpful recommendations in terms of restaurants and sightseeing. The rooms were small but clean, and having the private bathroom was a big plus. There's no breakfast available at the hotel, but we were given a little meal card good at a few local cafe's so we had our choice for breakfast and the location is ideal.. right in downtown Nantucket, about a 2 minute walk from the Whaling Museum and maybe 5 minutes from the ferry terminal. All told a great experience and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zaknafein
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to give Hawthorn House a favorable review.