Century House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$825
76 Main(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$539
  • Breakfast included
Jared Coffin House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$475
US$445
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$760
US$626
Travelocity
21 Broad Hotel(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$489
  • Breakfast included
White Elephant(Nantucket)
US$820
The Beachside(Nantucket)
US$432
US$396
Priceline
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$760
All reviewsbreakfast voucherscubby holeprivate bathroomheart of downtownextensive knowledgefirst floorother guestsoff seasonthe ground floorcommon roomguest housean easy walklong weekendnew englandferryislandanyplace
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Had not been back to Nantucket in over 15 years and decided to take a quick mid week get away in January to see the island while it's quite. We lived here during the 90s and wanted to see how much things had changed, and what remains the same. The only thing we wanted was an in town location so we could walk anyplace, and the Hawthorn House fit the bill perfectly. We really weren't expecting more than that but we were pleasantly surprised. Mitch and Diane were very nice hosts, taking the time to talk with us about the island and what was going on, etc. Room was comfortable, clean and had a mini fridge for our bottle of wine. It was just a very short walk to all the restaurants we wanted to get to. Again, pleasantly surprised, and we will definitely be back at Hawthorn the next time we are on island.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the Hawthorne House for Nantucket's Christmas Stroll. From our arrival to our departure I cannot say enough. Mitch and Diane graciously welcomed us, helped us with all our needs and could not have been more accommodating. The beautiful artwork and artistry throughout the Inn gives such a warm and comfortable feeling, be sure to take it all in. Our room was extremely comfortable, clean, lots of space, and we will be returning again very soon...we had walking access to everything due to it's downtown location. Thank you so much for such a relaxing and memorable stay, could not have asked for anything more! See you soon!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz L
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I spent a couple of nights, last week, at the lovely Hawthorn House, in Nantucket.
In town, location couldn't have been better. It was easy for me to walk to the ferry, even with all the stuff I had. The hosts are very nice people, lovely to chat with.
My room was located on the second floor and I had a small private balcony... it was absoluteky perfect.
They warned me that my private bathroom was out across the sitting room, but it wasn't a problem for me... and it was a great size bathroom. Very clean.
As for my room, and most especially, the bed... I had the best nights sleep I've had in a long while.
I wanted to stay longer, and had the room been available, I probably would have.
Thank you so much for the hospitality and for helping make my litttle Nantucket holiday, Perfect!
Jen

Room Tip: You are given breakfast vouchers for 3 local places to eat, as they do not have kitchen facilities available. I found this quite enjoyable.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank IrishSheaEyes
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review. We do so love to be told that we're getting it right. Please come again!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Great little spot walking distance from ferries right in the middle of shops and restaurants.
We had a cute room with a balcony deck area. Ours had a separate private bath across the hall- sounds scary but actually was not bad at all- we had our own key and as long as we kept it locked, it was not an issue. The inn keepers were welcoming and friendly. Instead of breakfast on site we were given vouchers to be used at 1 of 3 cafes. This was a nice surprise- all of the places are within a 5 minute walk. We chose Petticoat Bakery- delicious! Wifi was a spotty but we weren't there to work so not a huge issue for us.
I would certainly stay at Hawthorn House again!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

A nice place in a good location, but nothing special. The room was clean and comfortable. We didn't have much interaction with the owners. Breakfast was in the form of vouchers for a choice of three restaurants in the neighborhood (the smoked salmon bagel at The Bean was excellent).

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BadgerMarty
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thank you for your review. And, thank you for pointing out that we have clean, comfortable rooms, that we treat our guests to an excellent breakfast at their choice of three local restaurants and that we have a terrific location. We are an owner occupied business--available for interaction with our guests all day, every day. We believe that "special" like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And, that given the positives you mentioned combined with the fact that our rates are extremely competitive makes us very special indeed. Hope you are able to join us again.