“Fund stop!”
Review of Music House Museum

Music House Museum
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Acme
More attraction details
Owner description: The Music House Museum is located on US31 just north of Traverse City, Michigan. Now in their 30th year, the museum presents one of the most unique music museums in America. Ninety-minute tours demonstrate fully-restored mechanical instruments dating from 1870 to 1930.Guest will also see Models of buildings from Traverse City 1930’s era. Music boxes of all sizes, a mechanical street organ, one of largest dance organs built in Belgium in 1922 , Weber Duo-Art reproducing grand piano,1924 Wurlitzer theater organ used to accompany silent films.
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This is a lot like the House on the rock in Wisconsin. They have fewer pieces, but they actually play the musical instruments. (At House on the rock, you hear recordings. The docent who led our tour was very knowledgeable. We also got some nice music-themed presents for our grandchildren in the gift shop.

All reviews
"music lovers"
"pipe organ"
"aaa discount"

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

My 14 year old son and I decided to visit the Music House Museum. We were met at the door by docent AJ who informed us that we could join a tour that was ongoing (class trip) or come back in an hour. We decided to come back and boy am I glad that we did. The tour last about 1.5 hours and was very informative. AJ is very passionate about the music and the museum and it shows. His depth of knowledge is impressive. The collection of musical instruments is something that you just can't see anywhere. My son and I love music so we absolutely loved this tour. But I think even if you don't love music that you will find this museum very interesting. There is a lot of history there. What a gem in the area. We spent 5 days in the TC area doing all kinds of things but this tour topped both of our lists. Great time!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Neat and clean on outside, but still was surprised when we took the tour at all the interesting things inside! Well preserved & unique items. A Guide with obvious passion, and fun demonstrations of many of the instruments. A well-spent afternoon.
Would recommend to others and would think of visiting again.
Then we ate supper at Poppycocks in Traverse City. Excellent food. A great day.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We were at the museum at the start of the season so had a private tour that lasted over 2 hours. There is so much to see and hear that it was nice to have the extra time to experience everything. There are musical instruments that can't be seen anywhere else. I was hesitant about going since we are musically challenged but this museum is good for novices and music aficionados. Please attend and support what they are preserving for future generations. I did find the gift shop a little lacking.