Hotel Tradiciones Antigua
Hotel Cirilo(Antigua)
US$119
US$176
US$161
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Karla is wonderfully friendly and helpful, the place has only 5 rooms/suite so it's very quiet. Perfect breakfast served as you like (thanks Vanessa) and we know that those little attentions are making the difference : I felt at home there. And the view from the rooftop is simply the best you can imagine in Antigua! I'm loooking forward to coming again there!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 2nd floor ;) more light
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2016

This hotel is in a beautiful building in the northeast quadrant of the old city. It is an easy walk to the central square and two blocks from the city's fanciest hotel, St. Domingo. We stayed in the master suite, which was incredibly luxurious and about half the price of a basic room at St. Domingo. The room was huge with a very comfortable king-size bed. The room has a functioning fireplace that we used on a cool night--very romantic. The bathroom adds to the romance; it has a two person jacuzzi that provides instant relaxation after long days of sight seeing. French doors lead to a large balcony overlooking the hotels central courtyard. A stairway from the balcony leads to a roof deck that provides great views in all directions. Carla and her staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast is big and delicious and served in a dining room with old-time charm. I will definitely choose this hotel (and, if possible, the same room) the next time I go to Antigua.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2016

The place is a gem. Quiet, excellent bed, great shower, super breakfast.

It was also the site of incredible kindness. Karla, the hostess of the place, helped us arrange a five am taxi, got up with us to make sure it arrived, and waved us good bye. I left a canvas bicycle bag in the taxi when we hopped out at the airport. Two days later I got an emal from her: the taxi driver had returned the bag to her and she wanted to return it to me! She packaged it up, mailed it, and it has arrived with everything inside. I cannot tell you how much this has meant to me. I have never written a review before but Karla deserves it, and the readers of this review should know that Guatemala is full of hospitable and generous people.

The place is wonderful, too!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Lovely little hotel. Warm staff. Great rooftop sitting area. Only 5 rooms. The included breakfast was great. They served pancakes. But we were hoping for some eggs. It was no problem, she scrambled some right up for us with salsa too! It's a little bit of a walk to town but it's quieter. It's a trade off, depends what you're looking for. We used freddy to pick us up from the airport for $40 USD. We saw him right as we were walking out with a sign with our name. Very smooth and easy. I've heard other hotels only charge $30 for private transport.

Room Tip: The only room on the upper level is the suite. With the suite other guests will walk past your courtyard area to get to the rooftop.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

I ended up staying here twice while in Guatemala. At the beginning and end of my trip. The hotel and rooms were great and located in an easily walkable area of Antigua. I highly recommend staying here during your trip. Clara, Freddy, and everyone were awesome and helpful.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo