We are a 76-year-old Australian couple who came on a five-day trip to Guatemala, based on the recommendation and photos of a friend. We were a bit apprehensive given the warning on travel advisory websites. We need not have worried. Because of excellent tour guides, we were complexly safe. In Antigua, we could safely walk the streets at night alone. Our advice is go there, it is magic. A special recommendation is for Posada del Ángel was one of the original boutique hotels in Antigua. There are 6 standard rooms on the main floor. The décor is breathtaking with brilliant colours, textiles and furnishings. The main square is about 15-20 minutes walk away through colorful streets and good restaurants are also in walking distance. A unique experience and a three night stay allows you enough time to explore this very special historic town built by the Spanish Conquistadors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada del Angel, pioneer of the boutique hotel concept in Antigua Guatemala, is a colonial inn par excellence. This elegant boutique hotel, winner of the 2007 Andrew Harper hideaway report, is recognized world-wide by its 7 personalized suites (each with a good burning fire place) and high quality/first class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Posada Del Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Angel Hotel Antigua
- Posada Del Angel Antigua Guatemala