All reviews bill clinton rose suite mary sue huevos rancheros rooftop terrace romantic boutique hotel feast for the eyes each evening daily breakfast small hotel my favorite thing fresh flowers sitting room great boutique each morning visiting antigua lounge area
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Posada Del Angel for 4 nights and must say I absolutely loved it. I had quite a lot of time so also nosed around some of the other boutique hotels in the area and must say that although they all seemed good, they just didn't have the unique charm of Posada Del Angel.

I usually do quite a lot of research to find these little gems and am not disappointed at all. I loved the whole experience and recommend this lovely small hotel.

The service is exceptional and nothing is too much for the staff.

Thanks for making my trip to wonderful Antigua so special. Breakfast although simple is delicious and just right to start off your day!

JB

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank brewju
Posada del Ange... A, Front Office Manager at Posada Del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Mr. Justin,
Thank you for the opportunity of serving you on your recent visit; we truly appreciate you choosing Posada del Angel during your stay in Antigua Guatemala.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.
We all hope to see you again, soon and often!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2017

We are a 76-year-old Australian couple who came on a five-day trip to Guatemala, based on the recommendation and photos of a friend. We were a bit apprehensive given the warning on travel advisory websites. We need not have worried. Because of excellent tour guides, we were complexly safe. In Antigua, we could safely walk the streets at night alone. Our advice is go there, it is magic. A special recommendation is for Posada del Ángel was one of the original boutique hotels in Antigua. There are 6 standard rooms on the main floor. The décor is breathtaking with brilliant colours, textiles and furnishings. The main square is about 15-20 minutes walk away through colorful streets and good restaurants are also in walking distance. A unique experience and a three night stay allows you enough time to explore this very special historic town built by the Spanish Conquistadors.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Posada del Ange... A, Guest Relations Manager at Posada Del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Mr. Adrian.
Good morning, thank you for your kind comments, really it was a honor have you both here during your stay in Antigua Guatemala, we are happy to know that you could enjoy the city as a local citizen
We hope to have the opportunity of serving you and your wife soon again.
Cordially

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Few things are certain in life, but a wonderfully relaxing stay at Posada del Angel (this was my 4th or 5th visit, I believe) has been one of them. The inn is charming and atmospheric beyond belief, and the rooms and beds are extremely comfortable. It offers a welcome respite from the relative hustle and bustle of Antigua (which seems to get a bit more crowded with every visit). The breakfast is tasty and hearty, and the views from the rooftop are magical. But my favorite thing about Posada del Angel (and the aspect that always ensures I'll come back) is the genuinely caring and dedicated staff. I truly feel as though I'm welcomed back home by family with each visit. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Douglas,
Thank you for your comment, we have been blessed with your visit.
We really appreciate it becuase it is the only way to check if we are making the fine things.
we hope that your next visit to Antigua Guatemala, we have the honor of serving you again.
From the bottom of the staff's heart, thank you.
Cordially

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Stayed here for 6 nights towards the end of March. As previously stated by other reviewers, its a quiet comfortable hotel, for those that like to relax. Service was great, always with a genuine smile from all the staff. The front desk was very quick and responsive to any of our requests.

Lastly, special thanks to Anibal and the young lady who works reception. I forgot my wallet in our hotel room and they immediately emailed me and helped make arrangements to have it shipped to my house.

Great stay, Highly Recommended!

Stayed: March 2017
Posada del Ange... A, Front Office Manager at Posada Del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Mr. Ozorio
Thank you for the opportunity of serving you on your recent visit; we truly appreciate you choosing Posada del Angel for your stay in Antigua Guatemala.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. We all hope to see you again, both soon and often!

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Charming is the word. Great staff that really care. Situated in one of the most
beautiful cities in all of Central America. Celebrity guests include former president Bill Clinton and Canadian Prime Minister. Each room has its own character and scent.

Room Tip: Mary Sue Suite. It has a sitting room with a sofa bed around the fireplace, making the space very cozy.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Posada del Ange... A, Front Office Manager at Posada Del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the opportunity of serving you on your visit; we truly appreciate that you have chosen Posada del Angel for your stay in Antigua Guatemala.

Kind regards,