“Nice lunch spot for soup and grilled fish”

La Casa de las Sopas
Ranked #24 of 428 Restaurants in Antigua
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Small intimate restaurant that make homemade dishes. We specialize in soup and Guatemalan CALDOS, which is like a soup on steriods! We buy all of our produce fresh from the local market and cook everything from scratch. For our customers that arent too interested in soup, we have plenty of options you will like. Our soups are served with a salad and large local heavy bread w/garlic mayonaise pesto. Come in and try our local dishes, you wont be disappointed.
Reviewed 23 November 2017

My traveling companion and I dropped in for lunch at La Casa de las Sopas during our visit to Antigua. He had one of the soups and I had the grilled fish and potatoes. The prices were reasonable and the food was very good. It is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Our party of 2 came upon La Casa de las Sopas when we were hunting for a soup to revive us. It is very close to the Parque Central, and is a must if you want to taste Guatemalan soups. La Casa de las Sopas is a great place for lunch or dinner soups. Most soups on the menu range from 35Q - 50Q. There are also a few other plates such as grilled fish and grilled meat. There was an authentic feel to the Mayan dishes. The service is friendly and diligent. It's not a huge place, probably only a total of 8 tables that seat from 4 to 8 per table. It has a cozy vibe. The food tastes delicious and the prices are fair. The restaurant is pet friendly too! La Casa de las Sopas does not offer credit card facilities.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This small unpretentious place has a wonderful selection of Guatemalan dishes and mostly soups/ stews. We went twice because my wife, who hardly eats meat, tried some of my son's grilled marinated chicken on our first visit and loved it so much she wanted to go back and have her own. Most of their entrees come in either small or large size with not much difference in prices. The place tends to be dark at night so we needed the aid of our phone's flash lights to read the menu. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Give this place a try and I bet you will go back again.

1  Thank Muhaned A
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I've been living in Guatemala for almost a year now, so I've had a taste of the food and culture long enough to be able know a good restaurant when I experience it. La Casa de las Sopas is a real gem. Great local food at a reasonable price and very nice atmosphere. Muy sabroso!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My wife and I went for a quick lunch before we explored other parts of the town. We were not disappointed. The restaurant has about 8 tables and a small kitchen. It's easy to find on 7th avenue so you shouldn't have any problems. We looked at the menu and the restaurant specializes in a variety of local Guatemalan soup specialties. They have a collection of broth based soups: chicken, beef, and beef hoof. All of these are filled with ample amounts of meats, veggies, and potatoes. They also have a bunch of traditional Guatemalan stews like Pepian: which is a spicy stewed chicken with potatoes. Everything is served with fresh warm tortillas. Each soup runs about $8 dollars. That's cheap by American standards but $8 is a bit pricey by Guatemalan standards.

1  Thank dumplings_n_grits