Hotel Palacio de Dona Beatriz
US$125
Chez Daniel(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$64
The Doozy Koala(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$37
  • Restaurant
La Villa Serena(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$59
  • Breakfast included
US$176
US$161
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgated communitya small swimming poolfull kitchensized bedcoffee plantationwalking distancesecond floorbeautiful hotelvillafountainweddingfireplacetaxibilingualbathconveniencetours
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Rudy, Rene, Leslie and Larissa were the perfect hosts for my trip. They treated me more like family than a customer. The hotel was clean with comfy beds and the internet worked great. Each day, they served breakfast with fresh coffee and orange juice. Each night I would spend time on the rooftop watching the volcano or on the terrace outside my room listening to music. The only downside was that my toilet had a leak and the noise was bothersome at night. Rudy helped me arrange trips to Chichicastanango, Lake Attitlan and fishing in the Pacific. They even lent me the kitchen to cook the fresh fish from our trip. . Others have mentioned the 20 minute walk to town, I enjoyed the walks but you can have taxis pick you up for about $5 or you can arrange a weekly driver at a daily rate. Just negotiate, everyone is very willing to help you get what you need. Truly, an amazing experience

Room Tip: I liked the king room on the second floor, above the registration desk.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LSULizard
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were very happy with this hotel after booking it without any knowledge of the property.
Pretty hotel and fantastic grounds. A very safe property with security gates.
Comfortable bed but the bathroom was a bit dark. Nice hot watered shower. Good pressure.
Breakfast was nice. One can choose made to order items. Eggs, omlettes, granola, etc.
Good strong coffee. Best for couples and or solo. No kids.
English is limited among the staff but they are very friendly.
To walk to town its approx. 10 minutes by foot.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DRANNA
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Nice hotel. Spacious rooms, at least ours was upstairs. Excellent for spacious room, new facilities as bathroom with good counter space in the bath. Nice shower. Staff very accommodative on breakfast choices. Downside to hotel was that it is about a 20 minute walk from the city central. Walking at night could be a problem so we used a taxi from downtown to hotel at night ... about $US3 to $4. New hotel at new location of town so you might need a map to show cab driver hotel location, or, after a day or two we could give directions.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiguelSC_Charleston
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My mother & I stayed at the villa for 3 months while she received medical treatments in Guatemala City. We loved Antigua and this hotel and staff was spectacular. Rudy was my tour guide, driver and friend and Larissa took care of all our needs and wants. The housekeepers were trustworthy and did a great job (especially Hilda). Our villa was gorgeous and spacious. This hotel made our extended stay bearable.

Room Tip: villa 21 was great
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank terriwinfrey
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I traveled to Antigua for the wedding of friends, along with their family and other friends. The hotel is small and we luckily got all the rooms for us, so it felt like a little private village (part of the group also made reservations in the little houses that are next to the main building).
Breakfast was great (included in the room rate), and service among the best I ever experienced. They were prompt to help us on anything we needed and even beyond. They have a good list of places to recomend: restaurants, spa, etc.
They offer breakfast and you can buy drinks through the day/night, they don't have restaurant service but you can order express delivery.
All rooms have a different layout and are decorated in a different way and all are beautiful. The building is a two story, with a nice open corridor on the second with chairs and sofas to sit outside the room for reading or chatting. There is also a nice veranda at the top of the roof, full of flowers and with a wonderful view of the volcano.
Because is in the outside area of the town of Antigua, the place is very quiet. Is a short walk from downtown (5-10 mins), or if you prefer the hotel will call a taxi for you. You can also return by taxi or if more adventurous, use a “tuck-tuck”, will cost very little (just ask for price before get in) and is a fun experience.
Internet access is included in the room rate and speed is very good.
Next time in Antigua, this will be my first choice, no doubt.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the second floor, you could enjoy the open corridor
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends