“Excellent Choice in Split”

Mediterraneo restaurant - pizzeria
Ranked #29 of 469 Restaurants in Split
Description: We use authentic, locally sourced ingredients to create both modern and classic style dishes from across the Mediterranean, combined with a wide range of quality wines to compliment your meal.
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Tucked away off the beaten path we came here for our last family dinner and glad we chose it. Starting with mussels and bruschetta, which both were excellent we enjoyed a nice outside dinner. They even had a singer with a piano player most of the dinner time for table side music. Our waiter spoke excellent English so much so he didn’t sound like he was from Croatia! We had fish filets, tuna steak, fried calamari, pasta dish and more. All were very good and paired with veggies and done with French fries. I had the Tuna steak and ordered it the less amount they would cook it. Although it was way to over cooked (I like it seared on outside, raw in middle) it still was good although a little too salty.... service was top notch. Prices are reasonable and the house wine is excellent and among the best priced anywhere we have eaten! Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Jon M
dobra v, Manager at Mediterraneo restaurant - pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We went there as 4, tried 2 different types of Gnocchi, Carbonara and Pizza. The Pasta dishes were excellent, the Pizza wasn't quite as good but still good.
The service was also very attentive and polite.
Definitely would come again.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband ate a pizza on this cozy place during the Fifa cup semi final. We had local beer and a glass of wine. The food and drink was really good and the waiter was helpful and attentive. We had the semifreddo for dessert after seeing it in here in another comment.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant in Split,I and me wife for the first time eat in this restaurant and I am delight with food and kindly staff. I can recomended this restorant.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We came here twice
Once with my family which had outstanding service and food and great rice
Returned the second time a few days later with my sister and her family because it was the best meal we had had in split and I hadn’t stopped talking about it and nothing compared

What a mistake
I had booked online like the previous time
We arrived on time and they didn’t have my booking
Stood waiting for a long time before they told us they would set a table up and that basically they didn’t have my booking
We had the same waiter the last time I had come
Apparently he remembered me and apologized but kept saying it wasn’t his fault( which I understood)
He said he was going to make up with great service
Well here was no service as he was run off his feet
He said he would bring bread out on numerous occasions
It finally came when our meal half way through our meals and only 5 pieces and there were 6 of us ( previous time we had to bread baskets for 4 guests)
He never asked my sister how her steak should be cooked
He came welldone
Two guys shared meat platter( which they had had the first time) and said the meat was chewy and over cooked
When it was mentioned to the waiter he said they were using a different supplier of meat that’s why the quality wasn’t great
But offered to get more ( why cause it wasn’t going to change the quality )
We had to wait forever for the bill and be served
And when the bill came there wasn’t any discount
And what annoyed me the most was on arrival there was a couple who weren’t impressed with their meal
They were offered free sparkling and dessert for the inconvenience
We were offered great service and didn’t even get that
Very disappointed

1  Thank Filomena B
dobra v, Manager at Mediterraneo restaurant - pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Our dear guests our sincerely appologize because of this inconvinience and because of this miss what we had during your dinner. Some times this can happend when its a peek of the season and its all kind a mest up but it is a totaly our fault and mistake for such a things and lack of attention to our bookings. We hope that non of this things happend before and hopefully it wont happend again any more. Hope to see you next summer in a much more better environment.
Our best regards,