US$206
Priceline
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$170
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

All reviewsvilla dobricthe main hotelsmall luxury hotelold cityminutes walk from the mainroman emperorroom hotelwonderful boutique hotelthe hotel staffwithin the wallschurch bellsjunior suitestone wallsyour luggageferry ticketsno elevatorrooms are small
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We are recently returned from several nights in Split and room 4 was our base for the duration. Contrary to a previous report, as a guy of 5’11”, there was ample headroom, the bathroom was an ample size and the shower had more than enough pressure (the Molton Brown toiletries were a great touch too!), the internet worked for our several devices and the A/C had no problems at all!
The local singers were an incredible backdrop to our stay and the outside noise was not excessive (you are, after all, bang in the middle of a busy world heritage site!)
Service was friendly and efficient, the breakfast varied from day to day and was excellent, omelettes will of course be made on request too.
Oh, and the bed was super comfy too!
If you want a taste of history and luxury and experience the life of a roman emperor, this is the place!
Thoroughly recommend the place!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mart58Uk
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Currently in night 2/3 and we are being kept awake at 1am by noise from the courtyard.

We were very excited to stay at this hotel, especially after all of the rave reviews. Unfortunately we have had an extremely disappointing stay.

We booked a standard room in the main hotel (not the Annex). If you are assigned room 4, just go to a different hotel. From the moment we entered, the room was stuffy with very low ceilings (Anyone over 6 ft tall will hit their head on the ceiling). We figured this was part of the charm of being in the Diocletian Palace.

We tried to turn on the air conditioning but it didn’t work. So we opened the windows and now we are covered in mosquito bites.

The internet doesn’t work at all. We mentioned this to a staff member who acknowledged that there was a problem and told us to use the complimentary device in the room which has WiFi. We tried to use it except we got the constant error message “no internet connection.”

The street noise heard in the room whether the windows are open or closed is incredible. The room is located right next to the Vestibul of the Diocletian palace. Not only do you hear every street noise, every conversation, every time the choir sings, every drunk group of friends, and every church bell, but the noise gets echoed. It has been entirely restless.

The bathroom and shower in this room are small. The shower floor has a liner which is partially unglued from the base because when you stand in the shower there is a constant popping noise.

We have found the staff rather aloof. They will answer your questions pleasantly but I can’t say anyone has gone out of their way to make our stay special.

We are not looking forward to spending a third night here. The cost of €220 per night is absurd for this. I have paid half that amount to stay at Four Seasons properties in other countries where the guests’ comfort is the only thing that matters.

The location is central. The complimentary breakfast is ample. But small LUXURY hotel this is not.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nica331
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I had been staying in Zagreb and wanted to drive to the coast and spend one night in Split. I choose to stay at Hotel Vestibul based on TripAdvisor reviews, and the great reviews met my expectations. It was tricky finding it at first and a lot of walking and stairs to get to it. It’s good if you like the extra exercise and gives you a chance to look around a little, and you are not in a hurry. If you have a car, find the hotel first, then go back and get your luggage. The reception staff was so pleasant and friendly and offered great service. Since it was low tourist season, they upgraded me to a room on the top level. They asked me if I needed parking. I had parked in the public parking, but one of the staff members took my car for me and parked at a more secure, and free, hotel parking for guests. I did not recall seeing in other reviews, but needs to have mention here. The room was very modern and pretty. I had delicious chocolates awaiting in my room. A nice amenity (my first time seeing this ever- and not offered in many hotel chains that I have stayed in before) was a cell phone for guests use. Although I did not use it, you are able to take it while as a guest, when you are sightseeing, make calls, use the internet, without using your personal phone and data plan. The bed was comfy, and breakfast buffet/bar provided the next day was delicious. If I return to Split again, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is a wonderful boutique hotel.. It is built into Roman built Palace walls, right in the heart of the Dialcletian Palace. There are only 7 rooms. Could not improve the location, cleanliness, staff attentiveness, amenity. Breakfasts were a splendid feast with lots of choice. If you are lucky, you can hear the acapella singing of Croatian folk songs in four plus part harmony wafting from the nearby Vestibule. Tip: We took the hotel car from the airport and were glad of the porterage when negotiating the steps to reach the hotel. There is no lift in the hotel. We were on the top floor (room 7) and found it no trouble on a daily basis. We are in our late 60s. This is surely one of the best boutique hotels I have stayed at.the staff speak extremely good English and could not be more helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Although you will need to shortly walk to arrive at the hotel it is perfectly located. Probably it is better to communicate in advance with the hotel staff about location. Breakfast buffet was limited but at the end you will be satisfied with their delicious and local selection. Barista is available to spoil you on what ever hot beverage option you want to try and or create. Service is what you can expect for this level of hotel. Highly recommended!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Vestibul_Management, Receptionist at Hotel Vestibul Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hotel Vestibul Palace.

We are pleased to read how much you appreciated the hotel’s location and our service.

It will also be a pleasure to share your kind words of appreciation with our staff especially barista Mladen.

We hope you will return to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Best regards,