“Best meal in the Mediterranean!!!”

Bokeria Kitchen & Wine Bar
Ranked #17 of 456 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Once a cult iron works Mikacic, today a modern Dalmatian tavern. Bokeria will lure You with its colours, Mediterranean flavours and Dalmatian vibe in a unique, vibrant piazza. If You are looking for a place to enjoy the simple, high-quality food and good wines, Bokeria is a place for You.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow. Just wow! This place gave us the best meal we had for our 12 day trip to the Mediterranean. It was, by far everyone’s favorite. Our tour guide suggested this and three other places. And I’m the one who settled on this place due to the great pictures - the restaurant was stylish and food was beautifully plated, yet relatable. All I know is when we left, everyone thanked me for making such a good choice.

Hubby and I started by sharing two appetizers - bombolini and bruschetta. The bombolini has a crispy, fried outside of rosemary and almond with a moist inside of bechamel and prosciutto. This was hubby favorite. But the bruschetta has the slight edge for me. The bread it was served on was so soft that it reminded me of French toast. It was absolutely covered in melted bleu cheese, honey, thinly sliced pears and walnuts. Heaven in my mouth!!

My sister-in-laws entree came first. She ordered the oxtail risotto. Thank goodness she let us try a bite! It was creamy, bursting with flavor and had PLENTY of meat.

Hubby and I shared entrees, too - meatballs and truffle pasta. If I really had to choose one, I’d get the truffle pasta again. Because there was plenty of their amazing truffle sauce and mushrooms and the pasta tastes so fresh and cooked perfectly. I’ve never had pasta this amazing in my life! But the meatballs with tomato salsa was such a perfect balance to the creaminess! It came to the table piping hot and absolutely covered in a thick layer of melted cheese. And let’s not forget the pasta - gnudi! It was my first time ever trying it. So soft and simple - perfect with the acidity from the tomatoes.

Because they’d absolutely hit it out of the park with EVERYTHING, I knew I couldn’t leave without trying dessert. Especially since I’d been staring at them through the display case at the bar. The water brought over a tray with all of the options. Hubby picked the pistachio tart and I chose the hazelnut panna cotta. My choice was very classic and totally delivered the texture and sweetness that I was wanting. My husband’s choice was ten times more unique - I’m so glad he got it! It had a cookie crust that wasn’t overly sweet. Then a dome of pistachio mousse - again, not overly sweet. But in the very center was the most amazing caramel! Mmmmm-MMMM. Yes. It was a winner!

The service was wonderful. We called ahead to reserve a table for 15 at noon and it was ready the moment we arrived. Our servers were attentive, friendly and expedient.

The building apparently is quite old and was originally a hardware store. But it’s been renovated to be open and gorgeous! It has high ceilings and is decorated very stylishly. I dream of returning to Split just so I can eat here again!!

1  Thank 500katieh
Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here twice during our stay in split. Fabulous hotel, food was lovely staff were really friendly and service was great. Need to book as it is so popular it’s always booked up, nice to get a table outside if you can.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited Split twice while on holiday in the area. After reading about it on Trip Advisor we managed to find this restaurant. We both had the burger which was so good we had it again on our second visit. The place always seems to be full, no wonder.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here on the night of the World Cup final and they managed to seat us without a booking which was nice of them. Food was fantastic, the home made meatballs being fantastic. All very reasonably priced too , would definitely go back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my husband were so lucky to find such a cool place to eat in Split. Food was delicious, service great, I cannot think of any detail which was not good during our dinner. Don’t miss this restaurant if you are visiting Split!