Hotel Milan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Veli Joze(Pula)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pula City Point Rooms(Pula)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and ate at the hotel one evening.

The good points- excellent food and service, free parking and very friendly (used by business travellers and tourist). The meal was truly excellent with great advice on the food, wine and beer. Possibly sounds pretentious but it really wasn't!

The owners have some great art on the walls and the outside dining/ breakfast area is very relaxed. The breakfast buffet includes eggs made to order and beats the typical hotel 'mass' buffet usually found in the bigger hotels.

Not so good- a 20 min walk into the old town BUT the no.1 bus stop is just over the road and with an apparent flat fare of 11 Kuna the location isn't an issue. In fact being out of tourist central was actually quite relaxing. The bus service is easy to use with the name of the stop very evident which the bus then displays to passengers- so language isn't a problem.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and of a good size. They are a little dated most notably in the limited number of sockets to charge gadgets. Again this wasn't a major issue for us but some people seem to view this an an essential.

Overall we had an enjoyable, relaxing and memorable stay and if in Pula again would happily stay at the Milan.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Start of our Croatian holiday; quiet due to early season, sadly unable to provide evening menu, apparently all gone at lunchtime, but they did their best to conjure up a tasty improvisation for us. Situated a little from the town centre but regular bus service from outside the door. One problem with car parking at back of building, very narrow alleyway from Main Street. We had an Opel Corsa and it was touch and go! Otherwise, very good room, in size and comfort. Recommended.

Room Tip: Quiet neighbourhood so choice not a problem
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Pula had been on my list for awhile and I made it. I had a bit of language problems even though I speak Italian in town. A pleasant young artist took me under her wing and helped me convert money; euros to whatever. I only bought a picture from and was ablr to charge lodging and food on credit card. They recommended a restaurant that I'll review. Got to casle and hadn't exchanged money yet and couldn't get in for I only had euros.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2016

This hotel makes up in excellent service what it lacks for in size. We were given a wonderful welcome by Bosko, hotel receptionist, barman, waiter, sommelier and olive tree caretaker. Bosko will charm you with his humor and woo you with his superb wines. With only 12 small rooms, you will not have to fight for a table at the onsite restaurant. They serve delicious fresh seafood (must try the mussels). Leave room for dessert, the cake trolley will tempt you! The location is lovely, and very close to the sea. Take the walk around the bay or a swim in the sea. The only little detractor would be the size of the bathroom. You need to be pretty skinny to get in the shower!
All in all, this was a wonderful and quiet place to stay in Pula.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2015

The hotel Milan @ Pula

If you want a hotel where you can be sure you’ll receive the warmest welcome, Hotel Milan is the place for you. What lovely people running it! Especially the front of house, a lady whose name we never knew; greeted us every morning with a warm cheerful smile and her attentiveness simply made for a wonderful stay.
My partner and I stayed for a whole week in September time.
We tried their restaurant: superb food. One of the best tables in Pula and even if we haven’t tried all of them (!), the experience was just sensational. Croatian dry meat, Histrian olives and oil, cep ravioli, fresh roasted seabass, just perfect. Waiting staff professional and helpful.
However, if you are looking for a boutique hotel, this is not the place for you. I felt that although the décor wasn’t to my taste, it looked a little tired, some chips on the desk. The bathroom I felt was too small and could do with some modernising. But clean, in fact the cleanliness was excellent.
I also found storage space unpractical – shelves were too high for a small person like me!
There was good wifi in the hotel and in Pula there is free wifi in shops cafes and bars.
Location wise: really close to the beaches – bear in mind that in Croatia, beaches are rocky and not sandy. So bring shoes to walk on them. The closest one is about 200m away.
The hotel is a good 20mn walk to the town centre. There is a bus route just 50m from it though and it’ll cost you 22 Kunas (£2.20) each to get the centre of Pula.
All in all, would we go back there? Definitely!

Stayed: September 2015