Free cancellation until 27/07
US$200
US$122
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$616
US$523
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Paris(Sousse)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I love this hotel , nice room and sea view big window, I love to stay near window in morning it's very beauty view and romantic, I love to stay here, The hotel not far from center and staff very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Junjira18
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I really liked this place; my travelling partner thought it was barely acceptable.
Free wifi in the lobby. Cheap non-alcoholic drinks -- i.e. 1 litre water for .6-.8 dinars at the shop at the top of the street.
Positives:
Basically quite clean.
Amazing location: right on the beach, walking distance from train station or Medina.
Amazing views up and down said beach
Breakfast in cafe downstairs: you need to check with hotel reception when you arrive, because the cafe attached seems to deal with different hotels differently...
But after some cajoling we got semi hard-boiled eggs, fresh squeezed orange juice and[ on three occasions] the best croissants I have eaten outside France [on day one they were the best croissants I have eaten even inside France, but they must subsequently have changed supplier] -- much superior to the shamefully dire baked goods we were offered for breakfast at super-expensive Dar Said in Sidi Bou Said for instance!
The expensive but consistently excellent Caruso restaurant is just next door.
Negatives: this is a two-star hotel. It hasn't been redecorated in years. The hot water is tepid. The shower was hand held. The air-conditioning is ineffective [though we didn't need it even in July].
The beach in front has beautiful white sand, but attitudes towards the environment need some improving. Cigarette butts plastic bags even the occasional nappy were seen on the beach even in front of the superluxurious moevenpick. About the same or slightly worse levels of rubbish than the public beaches in Sicily. Just about tolerable. But only just.

I dont think you get any financial advantage from using the beach directly in front, but ask the hotel -- we paid 5 dinars a day for two beds plus umbrella but they resell the beds to anyone if you leave for just 20 minutes. The guys who look after the beach were nice but the ones next door to the south of them i.e. towards Sousse seemed to work a bit harder at cleaning the beach in the morning.

I dont mind a tepid hand held shower and if you dont like mild rubbish on the beach you shouldnt go to Sousse. So I would definitely come back here but that would definitely be alone...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Bin-Derdundhat
Reviewed 17 May 2013

If there was ever a worthwhile budget hotel, this is it. The situation is impeccable, across the road from Sousse's corniche and long, sandy beach. It is extremely clean. Naturally, for a 2* hotel one does not expect extras. But there is not water, there is a functioning kitchenette, the sheets are spotless, the furniture is basic but good, the rooms are sapcious, the colour TV is not digital but works, the view from the windows is lovely, there is a bar with alcohol, breakfast is continental with bread, butter, jam, croissant, juice, hard boiled egg, coffee, etc. Highly recommended especially if on a strict budget. I was there two days ago and paid €15 per night!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Joseph G
Reviewed 15 January 2013

It is middle-size hotel located next to beach but south from Zone Tourisitice (where are the big hotels for mass-tourism). It is only five-ten minutes walking from Medina. Staff is helpful and they speak a bit English. Rooms are large and the best is that a small kitchen is also available. It is enough to warm up the baby’s food. Our room has a very big window and sea view. Room was clean but not well maintained… the things which are not in usual use are dirty. But you get why you pay. However in comparison with the other hotels in area for me this one looked as the most maintained. For breakfast is the usual coffee, bread and croissant with butter and jam but don’t expect more nowhere in Tunisia. It is free wifi at reception area.
Overall my impression about hotels was that’s like our “worker’s resorts” in east-europe during communist times. If you are East-European just think about the old resorts at Balaton, Mamaia, etc. and you’ll have a good idea about this hotel.
Finally I highly recommend this hotel for every budget traveler who is not afraid to managing for himself a bit cleaning. I had a good feel looking to the sea from my window and thinking about the very friendly hotel-invoice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ifm05
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We moved to this hotel for two nights after enjoying three nights at Hotel de Paris, mainly because of the fantastic view of the beach from the large windows. We made a walk-in booking a couple of days ahead, then realised we could get a better rate through booking.com. We had already paid a deposit, so we went back and discussed this with the receptionist, who agreed that it would be cheaper to book online. Sixty dinars in high season rather than seventy-five was worth the trouble.

Unfortunately, on the morning we arrived the lift wasn't working, so we had to climb up to the fifth floor with our luggage - and the first floor is not until you get through the mezzanine floor where breakfast is served! We were told it would be fixed in ten minutes, but in Tunisia that can mean any time before the next day. Sure enough we did have one more climb later in the day, but after that it worked okay - though the lift always had to think for a while before it started to move.

The room was very big and even had a cot, but as we hadn't thought to bring a baby with us this was not much use to us. More importantly, the room had a kitchen, with pots and pans, plates, cups and utensils. My wife was able to cook a meal for the first time since leaving Australia six weeks ago. The fridge even had a freezer section, a real luxury. Best of all was the magnificent view of the beach across the road, packed with locals relaxing and swimming until the wee hours of the morning. My wife got up early and watched the sun rise over the Mediterranean.

Our only real complaint is that the air-conditioning is turned off centrally during the day. The room was very hot when we cooked and ate lunch, and, when I rang down to reception, they gave me the usual "ten minutes" promise. Some time after my second phone call, when they said it would be turned on "right now" we eventually got the air-conditioning, but by that time we were ready to go out. We stayed and relaxed for a while instead. Fortunately the windows could be opened to let in the breeze, and we chose to turn the air-con off at night and sleep with the windows open, listening to the sound of the waves - and the street.

We did not expect much for breakfast, having read some negative reviews about it, but the hotel did make it clear that it was a continental breakfast. We got the usual coffee, bread and croissant with butter and jam, but it also came with a boiled egg, which we considered a bonus. We were thankful to get breakfast at all for the price we were paying.

Most of the staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful, certainly an improvement on the service at Hotel de Paris. The rooms were cleaned and serviced each day. Overall we had an enjoyable and memorable stay.

Room Tip: A room at the top in front gives a great view of the beach and the Mediterranean sea. Worth it provided the lift is working.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple