All reviews port el cleaned every day our waiter marhaba medina tunisia holiday maid momo animation
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

It was my first time in Tunisia ..
We were met with a lovely manager farouk
And also a lovely porter najah ..fabulous room ..1341 overlooking the sea ..The animation team were fabulous ..momo Gigi ..nino .just to mention a few.I could not find one fault food was lovely ..as were all staff ..our room was lovely & for small tips you really were taken well care of ..I'm hoping to return in September & then January have recommended to all my friends ..cannot wait to go back ..best holiday I've had in a long time thanks all staff of the marhaba club julie

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie S
marhabaresorts, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Marhaba Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for a fabulous review about your stay with us. I'm pleased to see that we have met your needs during your visit and all in all your stay was good except the weather! Your feedback is very much appreciated. We really hope to see you again!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 June 2015

My daughter and I have literally just returned today from a weeks holiday at the Marhaba Club Hotel and it was perfect. Our first trip to Tunisia and the hotel was great, perfect private beach, superb sports facilities, to enable you to kick start that new routine you had promised yourself. Selection of foods good, with lots of salads and fresh cooked meats. Would certainly return for another visit.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank Jane R

Dear guest,

It is lovely to hear great comments like yours and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I am certainly sharing it with our team.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 June 2015

Well, where to start...

We arrived at the hotel and instead of a greeting and a hello we were simply given cards to fill in without any further comments. We did that and when handing it back the receptionist he very (!!) briefly explained what time the meals are. No more than that. Another member of staff then took our suitcases and brought them to the room and then waited for us to tip him. Since we literally just arrived we didn't have any money yet and he walked off in a sulk. This expectation of being tipped for absolutely everything is very common in the hotel as well as tunisia in itself, since this is a 4 star hotel we did expect a certain amount of customer service was a given - it is not. Unless you pay them they will be rude and the most unhelpful people.

The room itself was clean and spacious, the view was not the nicest. While the bathroom was clean there was a clear lack of caring about the detail as there was corners missing from the tiles and everything just seemed like it needs to be refurbished. The shower pressure was good, toilet flush broke half way through the holiday.

The food: there is always pasta, chips, pizza and salad alongside other various things which changed every now and again. However, the it was a hit or miss each time. Sometimes the chips were really nice, the next time they were soggy and gross. It was like this with all the foods and after a few days we were so sick of it that we started to eat out. Don't expect any great service during meal times. You have to set your own table, get your own drinks and don't expect the to fill up on foods they ran out of...it'll take forever to be refilled. There is 2 waiters that were expectional and did what I expect a waiter to do (ask if everything was alright, brought drinks, cleared the table) but the rest of them just stood around staring at the women.

Drinks: I still don't think that any of the alcoholic drinks actually have alcohol in them. The size of the drinks is absolutely tiny, usually in plastic cups (even beer) and even though they seem to be mixing drinks such as Vodka Orange on a 50/50 basis.. you can't taste any alcohol and unless you have about 30 of them in one go you will not get drunk. Only one bar serves cocktails in the all inclusive deal and that bar shuts at 6pm. The inside bar is also the reception area which makes it really nothing like a bar. There is no music playing, no entertainment around it and the whole atmosphere is just weird. Bar staff serve whoever they feel like serving no matter how long people have been waiting. My boyfriend went up once and almost waited 10 minutes to be served even though he was the only one at the bar at times but every time someone new came they were served before him. Every time I went up, I've been served straight away... it really says it all about the customer service in that hotel. If you want cocktails at the bar you will have to pay for them even if you are on an all inclusive deal (that includes the most basic cocktails)

Entertainment: The reps seemed nice, engaged with people and didn't push anybody to do stuff they didn't want to. However, the evening entertainment was horrible and we left after 10 minutes every time. Also, the bar is a fair walk away from the entertainment, so you might want to get a few drinks in one go if you feel like having any sort of drink during the entertainment.

Anything else:
Staff- rude and lazy! I have never seen staff that unhelpful and simply refusing to do any kind of work. Just a few examples: We noticed that there was money (which was well hidden within several layers of clothes) missing from our room and went to the reception to inform them about this. The first reaction was 'You should have gotten a safe' - this is not the point! Someone must have opened up our suitcase, went through all of the clothes, found the money, took some and just chuck the rest back in the suitcase. No matter how much we tried to tell them that we we not really bothered about the amount that was taken.. the only response we got was "You should have gotten a safe", we then requested to speak to the manager and were passed onto someone else who said they will check who accessed our room. That conversation was a day after we complaint and so far nobody had apologized about the incident. So the next morning we spoke to them again and he said he will speak to the manager (he was introduced to us as the manager before) and see what they can do. I asked when the manager would be here and he just refused to answer my question. When we came back up in our room there was a bottle of red wine and ONE glass on the table and a few hours later we were given 2 plates of fruit (which is for free in the restaurant anyways). They then basically implied that we are making this up as only their cleaner had access to our room which is the point where my patience was at an end. We have our suspicions who stole it (and its NOT the cleaner).
One night we then wanted to drink the bottle of wine but didn't have a bottle opener so went to the reception to get one. As the bar was closed the guy said he didn't have a bottle opener at reception. The bar is literally across from the reception and all he had to do was walk behind the bar and open the bottle. He just shrug and said he can't do anything. It took some serious arguing before he then agreed to get a bottle opener from behind the bar.
Or another one: the day of our departure our bus was due to pick us up at 6am. So at 5am we made our way down to reception as usually there is a basic breakfast provided for people who are leaving early. When we came down the receptionist was lying on the sofa sleeping. The coffee machine was turned off, the restaurant was shut. At around 5.30am he decided to get up and when aksed if we could have coffee he just nodded to the coffee machine and said it's there. We noted that the coffee machine was off and he just shrug. When we asked again he then said we could go to the restaurant and have breakfast there and coffee... the restaurant was shut. He then said it would be 5 minutes. 10 minutes later the restaurant opened (by that time it was 6.15am). Everybody who was due to leave that day rushed into the restaurant to at least grab something small to eat before the bus arrived. The coffee was cold and there was nothing but bread and cheese to eat. I do not expect a full blown breakfast on the day of departure, but at least some butter would have been nice. The staff started bringing out some more stuff later on but by then it was 6.30 an our bus was there. So basically if the bus would have been on time we would have not been offered breakfast or even coffee and the receptionist could have slept a bit longer on the sofa.
Oh also, there is no IRON! None of the rooms have irons, if you want something ironed you have to give it to the cleaner and -surprise surprise- pay for it to be ironed. Sorry, but after all the money ive paid for that holiday, I seriously expect to at least be able to iron my clothes or get them ironed for free!

And particularly important for SCOTTISH people. The hotel will NOT change your Scottish Pound to Dinar. They will also not tell you where you could get it changed or offer any other alternative solutions, they will only shrug and say they don't do it. Fortunately the Thomas Cook Rep was able to change our Scottish Pound into English Pound and then the hotel changed it into Dinar. Also despite, what they say on the bus to the hotel.. the hotel does NOT change Dinar back into Pound (neither English, nor Scottish) so be sure to spend it on something good!

I could write soooo much more but I think you get the picture reading this.

To sum it all up: there is no service unless you tip, if you don't tip they will take their own tip out of your suitcase. Don't expect value for your money and be prepared to be hassled to death by people trying to sell you tours, quads, boat trips on the hotel grounds.

Room Tip: ask for sea view or get a new hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Larissa K
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Me and my husband booked a child free holiday for our 10yr wedding anniversary; we decided to test the water with Tunisia. We thought as long as we had the basics we would be fine.

We had the basics and MUCH more at the Marhaba Club. It was fantastic, the place was very clean and all the staff were friendly and helpful, I cannot praise the staff enough from cleaners, gardeners, porters, reception, bar staff and especially the entertainers !!!

The entertainers work so hard throughout the day to find activities for all to enjoy, water polo, water basketball, darts, boules, water aerobics, etc, etc, . . . THEN after their busy day of entertaining you & your children they are always happy to chat with you before the evening show, musicals, magician, karaoke, etc, . . . and every night a children's disco !!

The pools are fantastic, there is a less "busy" one or one with slides, at both there is a smaller pool for the littlies. By the end of the trip we were planning to bring the kids next time, I definitely hope there is a next time !!!

Me and my husband had the most brilliant time and yes we did leave the hotel for the odd wander to some shops but never felt the need to go too far ! The beach was good too with their own section and a beach bar (see pic) that was included in the all inclusive.

Food was good (but we r not fussy eaters), plenty of choice, some off which was cooked in front of you there and then.

My husband did have one niggle and that was the shot glasses you got your beer in (slight exaggeration in size but yes they were small) & you can't seem to get large plastic tumblers out there so that may be something to consider packing if you like a pint.

I have put some photos on to show you how lovely it is, please excuse the quality it is a picture of my camera screen !! x

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank glc2407
Reviewed 21 June 2015

We are a family of 10 and have just returned from this hotel, it is very clean, nice gardens and public areas, the rooms are large and very clean always hot water and air conditioning worked well.

That's the good stuff.... Now for the not so good, and I am honest and not a serial complainer either.
The hotel is currently being run on skeleton staff, as a result of this you have to wait at the bars because there is only 1 poor bloke serving, collecting glasses and washing up hence we were mostly served our drinks in disposable plastic cups ( not my idea of four star) and not how I like a gin n tonic at night.
In the restaurant yes there was always something to eat but not 4 star quality, and again not enough staff as we had to set our own tables morning, noon and night and sometimes the tables were dirty.
Staff morale was very low, we have visited Tunisia many times and alwAys found its people to be very friendly and helpful, but not this time which is such a shame.
It is a shame because this hotel we were informed had once been worthy of its 4 star rating but because of staff cuts it will soon lose all its customers. False economy in my book we will certainly not return to Tunisia in a hurry.
The sunbeds were old, dirty and very uncomfortable.............
Sorry folks but just telling it like it is.

Room Tip: Block 1 apparently re decorated
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family