Mandalay Swan Hotel
US$35
Triumph Hotel Mandalay(Mandalay)
US$74
US$57
79 Living Hotel(Mandalay)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$61
US$53
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Having stayed at the Sedona right next door previously
But not having any rooms available ,we called in and were shown a room on the first floor Initially it looked o.k.
Bearing in mind it's cheaper than next door and even though it looked a little shabby we booked for a week
The room that we actually got was on the ground floor and overlooked the pool area
Complaints
Bed linen a grey colour
General mantainance poor
No safety box in room you go to reception
The first room was full of mozzies so up most of night
Around 7am the pool area was full of children and adults ,all local and noisy , they went about 9.30am they were not even residents and came back again at 3pm as noisy as ever
Window frame/seal parted leaving a gap you could put your little finger thru hence the mozzies!
We asked for a move and paid extra to upgrade to a suite hoping things would be better
The room was bigger but that was all, still
Poor condition
Breakfast was average ,plenty of staff but if you want a tea refill you get it yourself
No wi fi and the actual computer must have been15 years old but it didn't matter because it didn't work(Internet cafe approx 150yards away!)
Foyer an absolute haven for mozzies
And finally the worst thing ever!
We often leave small amounts of money in our room I.e. Various small denominations (1200 kyats in all which is about a £1.00 )
I noticed it had gone missing but wasn't sure that I hadn't picked it up
The next day we left some and it was there later
The following day we did the same and yes it went! Different cleaner the day before???
I asked for the manager and ended up speaking to a lady on reception who promised to look into it
Approx 1/2 hour later she approached us with 3 female cleaners And said that they thought the monies was tips!
Whilst she might have a valid point I said i would like to point out that I had stayed in many hotels in Myanmar over the past 6 years and this sort of thing had never happened before The money was offered back which we declined
It's not the done thing and complained on principle
We always tip people BUT we give it to whom we want
Would I stay again NO!
One good thing was the pool , but again spoilt by the condition of the loungers

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank truey27
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights after having to leave my first hotel--an overbooking issue. There is a general lack of accomodations these days in many places in Burma it is a bit frustrating.

Anyway, I was kind of glad to find this hotel but I ended up not spending much time there. The room was small and a bit dark, the bed was a single but OK.
The bathroom was impossible. If your waist (or any part of you) is over 35 inches you probably will have a hard time using the entrance. They should just rip the doors off completely because there is no room to shut once you are inside.

My room overlooked the courtyard which also had a pool. I used it once, which was refreshing.
In general the halls were shabby--there were used mattresses lying against the walls. Surely they should know how tacky that looks.
The breakfast buffet in the morning had many options, but nothing was very tasty. They played John Denver's greatest hits throughout breakfast which I thought was a total hoot.

I thought the staff were basically helpful. Guests had the option of getting a breakfast box for days when we got up early for travel. It was kind of nice.The bartenders off to the side of the lobby were friendly to chat with.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel caters mainly to tour groups .

The hotel is aging, may have been one a chic hotel, but is nowhere closed now. it is trying to pretend it is midrange... but barely

The room is still in the 60s style . Aged not well. Carpets are horrible and need a change.

The staff is indifferent , and the services do not cater to solo traveller.

The morning buffet breakfast is ok , not more

The grounds are nice, location is very good facing the old imperial palace grounds.

Overall overpriced, and not worth it except if you can not find accomadation elsewhere

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel !
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2012

unbelievably terrible--room had an awful moldy smell, leaking sink with puddle in bathroom, disgusting shower, bare wires coming from the wall

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Donna K
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This hotel is horrible! I cannot begin to describe the awful experience of this hotel. Hundreds of thousands of mosquitos swarming in and out of the rooms and lobby area. Moldy, old, dirty, I will run out of adjectives describing this atrocity they call Hotel, this cannot even be called a motel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends