Hotel by the Red Canal, Mandalay
Smart Hotel(Mandalay)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$23
1,275 results
All reviewsindian foodboutique hotelspice gardenoutdoor showerfree foot massagehappy hour by the poolcocktail hourspiral staircasecold towelsgreat boutiquemeet other guestsopportunity to meetan oasisrooms are smallevery eveningthe ground floorswimming pool
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Highly recommend this small gem, a retreat after a hot day of visiting temples. Room with front porch by their brook was relaxing and lovely. Room itself was cozy with wood interior. Minor: Bathtub lovely, but a bit hard to get in and out. A bit pricey for the country, but overall best hotel we stayed at in Myanmar. Hotel staff very lovely and accommodating.

Room Tip: ask for a room by the brook
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2015

All and all, this is a lovely boutique hotel with an amazing location. The pool is absolutely gorgeous and my favorite place to relax, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. A clean, streamlined design overall and peaceful, zen ambiance. The hotel had major charm and quiet elegance.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is nicely designed and maintained, the place was peaceful and situated along a canal that is quietish. I was impressed in what they have reached in a relatively small area. The swimming pool is large enough for the children to revel in and there is also a small garden and a little water feature. The great bonus is likewise nice - complimentary coffee on the veranda and complimentary mixed drinks in the evening. The place was within strolling distance of a vibrant cafe shops.

I did believe the hotel was expensive when reserving. However, the resort did have more facilities than the resorts in the same pricing level where I also stayed. Definitely worth to visit again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2015

I was a bit sceptical at first because I had never heard of this hotel but my husband convinced me to go. I have not regretted that decision. The staffs are professional, the food is delicious and the scenery is beautiful, from the green trees to well craved pools. We stayed in the "Shan Room". It had a unique look, with wooded floors I think and the bathroom felt like home. I really enjoyed my anniversary and would definitely recommend others to go there. They will be seeing us in Christmas!

Room Tip: Shan Room is superb
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed one night in this hotel and we couldn't agree more to the fact that this boutique hotel is by far one of the best hotel experiences we had in Myanmar. Although this hotel is not a five star quality hotel, it's staffs and service live up to the same level and may I say, might be better than many. We were quite surprised when we found our name written on a welcome board when we got out of the taxi, such a warm welcome that immediately put smiles on us. And right at the entrance, a friendly staff approached us and gave us cold towels and cocktail drinks and guided us for a little tour around the hotel, we find this very charming. The lobby personnels, they are such sweet angels with their warm smiles and were very genuinely helpful in helping us with taxi reservations and sight seeing recommendations, it's no wonder that his hotel has such good reviews in TripAdvisor. The room itself is small but enough for two and we like the terrace outside our room that's equipped with an outdoor shower. Breakfast were also good, there's a few selections from western and asian food, so there's something for everyone. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay here and wouldn't mind coming back here again for our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple