See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2010

It is a great guest house, rooms are clean and nice, staff very friendly and helpful! We stayed at the back room of the second floor and it is true that the room doesn't have much light, nonetheless, we were not expecting to stay at the rooms long hours... Very very central!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We had a reservation at a different hotl, which, while nice enough, did not have quite the feel we wanted. The next day we walked all over Luang Prabang looking for reasonable accomodation, with location and charm in mind. Just as were about to give up, we walked into La Maison. The location is perfect, the staff was wonderful. The room was large, clean and well set up for two people. I wouldn't stay anyplace else in LP.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I was looking for somewhere to stay when I walked past the guesthouse. As the entrance seemed so inviting and modern, I decided to try my luck and hope it wasn't beyond my budget. It was slightly, but the friendly staff agreed to a deal and reduced my rate a little and it was worth every penny.

The guesthouse is beautifully designed with modern, chic furniture and polished stone and wooden floors. As the hotel operates a no shoe policy, it is kept very clean. The rooms are spacious with large comfy beds, nice bedding and decent furniture to put your things. They even supply you with slippers and bathrobes. The bathroom is modern and the shower is one of the funky huge rainfall ones, but the downside of it was that the hot water didn't seem to last very long during a shower - probably get 10 mins tops of a hot wash. Additionally, the windows of the rooms didn't have much of a view (some of them are facing a brick wall) which I guess is why they can't charge the premium price I believe this place could be worth.

The staff were all friendly, run mainly by young men with the exception of the house cleaner who was a lovely cheerful lady.

The location of the house is right in the middle of Luang Prabang - you step out and you are almost right in the middle of the main shopping strip. Due to the size of the town, you can pretty much walk everywhere within 10 to 15 mins. But as it is situated around 10 metres from the main road, it is a lot quieter (bar the cockerel in the early morning!)

There was also free wi-fi, but it wasn't very quick and it seems to fall down on occasional days. But that's seems to be the norm in Laos.

A real gem of a place and if I ever return, I will be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We discovered this guesthouse after spending the night in a another guesthouse down the road. This was far superior . The rooms were spotless, spacious and modern. It is located just around the corner from the main street and is walking distance to everything It is quiet, although a rooster did wake us every morning. But that is one of the pleasures of being in Luang Prabang. The morning monk walk is at the corner, quite convenient for you to pop out the door at 6am without having to walk very far. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. The small lobby has a nice little area to sit and relax. The staff is willing to please and is very polite. Breakfast is served outside on a small patio. The menu selection has a typical menu and is sufficient.

I would highly recommend staying at this wonderful little guesthouse!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Stayed 3 nights with my family (2 rooms). Best location, quite but central to all attractions, restaurants and Monk procession. Very clean roons, comfortable with TV, fridge, laundry service and more... Staff are friendly and helpful too. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family