Villa Lao Wooden House
US$130
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
US$99
US$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$53
US$45
  • Breakfast included
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$98
US$86
US$83
Priceline
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
US$410
US$298
Hotels.com
US$200
US$180
All reviewsmr vongthe main streetfreshly baked baguettesnight marketoutstanding locationtamarind jamthe riverkuang si waterfallluang probangguest housenice breakfastfive star hotelroom upstairsfew minutes walkfamily runevery morningstayed for nights
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Great location, yes you could hear people in the other rooms, however this was not an issue when we stayed as people where quiet, and respectful of each other. As we where out and about every day the rooms being dark was not something that bothered us. The courtyard area was lovely to sit in, we had a very good breakfast there each morning, fresh fruit, coffee, pastry, eggs, bread, we had tea each afternoon, we only had to ask. The staff were very helpful they collected us from the airport , and took us on a day trip to the waterfalls and elephant sanctuary , nothing was too much trouble .
The location is perfect you can walk to the shops, resurants,market, lots of choice, a good place to just chill out, great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

Clean guesthouse and friendly helpful owner.
I want to say that upfront in case you don't read to the end of my review!
I have to be honest I hated it here when I first arrived. My first impressions were effected by first being sent to stay a night in the Villa Chitdara next door as the toilet in my room was in the process of getting fixed. I then had to move all my belongings back to the room I paid for, so not a great start.
Secondly the room itself. Very very dark and extremely small with minimal storage space, a massive bank-like safe on the floor and paper-thin walls. It was dingy, tired and very noisy. I was fortunate to be upstairs in a room on the end but I can only imagine how little sleep you would get being in a downstairs middle room. You can hear people's conversations in the room next to you very clearly, in fact you could quite easily join in! Bring ear plugs if you stay because the surrounding roosters will rouse you and there are a lot of them - even more so if the dogs join in!
However I got used to it and the location was brilliant. You'll be right next to the Mekong River and it's great finding a little place along there at around 5pm to watch the sunset. Round the corner is a restaurant called Khaiphaen which I can't recommend enough. You need to reserve a table it's that good.
The owner will rent you a bicycle for 25,000kip a day (you can rent mopeds too) and get your laundry done for 10,000kip a kg. The breakfasts are good - suited me fine.
So to summarise, this place is basic and let's face it you get what you pay for, but as a solo female traveller I felt safe and although my initial view was negative, it's fine to stay here.
*** I should mention that next the Villa Chitdara next door is nice but not sure if it's more expensive than The Wooden House ***

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I read great reviews, so I booked this accommodation. Before we arrived a few people had written some scathing reviews. I have to say that we did not have any issues whatsoever staying here. We were met at the airport by Le, the manager's son. His English was limited but we managed to communicate. The guesthouse is in a perfect location - a few minutes walk to both rivers and the main town. The monks also pass by there after they've been to the town. One word of warning - if someone offers you food to give to the monks - ask for the price first. My friends were given food to give to the monks and the lady then wanted $10! If you want to make offerings to the monks, the guesthouse offers sticky rice at a much better rate. Breakfast was plentiful - fruit (freshly prepared), bread, a pastry ((different each day) and eggs (scrambled, omelet or fried). The staff were very friendly. Yes, their English was very limited but we didn't speak Loatian either! Wong, the manager, was keen to assist to book trips (cheaper than elsewhere). Free wi-fi. Air conditioning that worked well. We had absolutely no issues with noise! Reasonably priced, quiet and friendly staff - what's not to like?

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We stayed five nights here and really liked the location. It's close to the Night and Morning Markets and is one of the streets the monks walk on in the early morning.
We had a room on the end of the building so we had windows on two sides which was good because the room is dark. The wood paneling and wooden ceiling are attractive but absorb a lot of light. Breakfast was served outside and was quite adequate although I would have liked more variety. The bed was comfortable and the everything was clean.
We were on the bottom floor of the two-story building and we could hear the people moving about above us. Fortunately, they were pretty quiet.
The staff was accommodating and the host speaks good English. Overall, a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are best because the middle rooms are very dark.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

This was our second visit to delightful Luang Prabang. This hotel was a disappointing choice.
Location is excellent and it has a very nice 1st floor verandah with seating and colonial atmosphere with wood panelled rooms. However walls are paper thin beware of noisy guests in adjoining rooms! No need for an alarm clock as the early morning dawn chorus from the raucous roosters next door will make sure you are up in time to see the monks.
Breakfasts are very basic with no choice, stale bagets or croissants and one piece of fruit Eggs available if you want them. The worst breakfasts we had in 6 weeks in South East Asia.
The staff were friendly with limited English, but not up to running a hotel. We are not fussy travellers, suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: First floor rooms however all walls paper thin.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple