All reviews night market great location mekong river nice stay guesthouse lao
Reviewed 4 September 2016

This small villa Located at the middle of the town, 30m away from night market. it is really convenience location.

We have got a room on the upper floor with clean room nice to look out at the Museum, which is just infront of our room.

The room is small, it is very suitable for young people and the people who really would like to stay at the centre of Luang Prabang town.

Room Tip: the room on the upper floor on the right.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2016

So we knew we weren't staying at a 5 star hotel but we didn't expect what happened. The staff asked us to put our shoes on the shoe rack when we entered, so we of course obliged. The next morning we went to take a shower and the hot water wasn't working so we switched rooms. Then ask we went to leave my husbands shoes were missing. The staff member said that the overnight worker forgot to bring in the shoes so someone walked by and stole them... There wasn't even an apology. These were his hiking shoes for the trip, the only other shoes he has are sandals and we had 1.5 more weeks in Asia.... And he is a size 15 so there was no way to get him new shoes in Asia.
We couldn't believe how the staff member seemed like it was nothing.
There were also a group of men, seemed locals maybe, who were sitting on the patio drunk and smoking and it was 10 am... They were laughing! I still think they stole his shoes. So this experience just made me furious. And I didn't feel safe at a place like this.
We quickly found a new place and checked out! We asked for a refund and ended up only being refunded for the two nights and they still charged us for the one night when our shoes were stolen!!! We asked about the $100 US the shoes cost, and they said they will not reimburse that either.... When it was their mistake for not keeping our shoes safe. And still no apology.
Even though it is a poor country, they are providing a service and the most important thing is a travellers safety and security knowing their belongings are safe.
I do not recommend this place to stay, just a horrible experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Rooms are clean and hot water pressure is decent. Walls are very thin, you can hear your neighbors, smell their cigarette smoke (non-smoking means nothing to locals) and sometimes light from adjoining room can be seen from the corner joints.
Breakfast is standard but decent.
Front desk not too helpful with tours (or they don't promote them) but it's worth shopping for tours on the local Main Street.

Room Tip: Stay on lower level. Wooden staircase is narrow, steep and slippery.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I was late in choosing a hotel so the selection was limited. Despite some misgivings about the price, I booked because of the very good rating and the photo of the lovely verandah. The verandah was lovely, the location was good and the place was clean. The room was tiny. There was about 1 foot of space between the twin beds which were against the walls. There was almost no storage and suitcases had to be opened on the beds. One of the 2 shelves is more than 6 feet above the floor.
There was a shower curtain but water still covered most of the bathroom floor after a shower. Because of this, there is no electrical outlet in the bathroom and that is where the mirror is located. The air conditioner was mostly useful as white noise.Very little English is spoken and the manager's interest seemed to be in selling tours. When we returned one day, there was a young man going into our room. He claimed that he had made a mistake.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2016

It's a simple guesthouse with good and friendly staff.Well located for the night market and the Mekong river.I booked all my tours through the hotel.I was unfortunate for my stay because it was cold and wet!It was only 7 -9 degrees on these day.The guy at the reception was kind enough to go and bought me a raincoat which was very helpful .Every morning around 6.30-7.00am the Monks will pass the hotel for their morning Alms.As for the room a bit small,what to expect,just for the night but clean.Many good restaurant around ,all with free Wifi.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo