“Great Asian Restaurant”

Ranked #18 of 585 Restaurants in Jeddah
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Toki is one of my favorite Asian restaurants in Jeddah. The food is good - the duck is particularly good. In fact, there's nothing on the menu that I've had that is bad. You can expect that anything you get will be good. My issue: the service. It's not that the service is bad - because that's not the case at all. Rather, it's slow. Expect to take about double the time at Toki that you'd normally take at a restaurant, due to the amount of time they'll take to get your beverages, get you your food, get you the check, etc. Even if you tell them to do things more quickly (or to bring your food out as soon as it's ready - without waiting for all of it to be ready,) they tend to not listen and/or understand - and 2 and a half hours later, you might finally be leaving. Regardless, I'd happily eat at Toki again because the food is good - I just plan to be longer than I want.

1  Thank Ryan B

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

As usual , nice food , great service , Laylaty chain is always on the top with high quality and I mean high international standards.
Love to be there and enjoy

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Outstanding quality of food. Great modern style decoration. Though, today they were a bit late in service and forgot to place my order for desert with the kitchen. I will still go there again for their delicious modern Chinese dishes.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We had booking a day before , we have arrived on time , our table was ready and the atmosphere was amazing , the place is the crowded considering that was a week day not a weekend . They service was quick and efficient. People were extremely friendly , and helpful . We had the selection of sushi , and I found it not that fresh and tasteless . The soup flavour was too strong compare to the standard ( tom yum soup ) .we had crispy chicken ( too sweet ) the Schwann beff was very good in taste and portion , had fried rice was very tasty . Finally , we enjoyed creme burle , and the chocolate round caked surrounded with ice cream , but can't recall the name .
Overall , was exceptional experience with the very romantic atmosphere but personally I think it's too expensive compare to the quality of taste

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Made reservations via phone 2 days prior to anniversary date. And ordered a cake from a sister shop, Bon Bon made to order, and delivered to Toki to be presented after our meal. They where great at taking care of that. They added three lit candles on the cake, which was nice, though we did not order that. A+ for effort :)

The food was great, we had Tom Yum soup, each had his tailored to his desire. the main course was grilled beef, and scallops. The beef tasted great, mild char coal grill aroma and taste that did not overpower the dish, while the scallops where soft and mildly spiced, but we felt it needed something more. maybe some browning on the skillet.

For drinks, the lemon ginger was Devine.

We did appreciate the warm welcome from the security personnel infant of the restaurant, along with he service staff.