“Tasty Thai & Chinese Cuisine”
Review of Royal Orchid

Royal Orchid
Ranked #1,506 of 12,378 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$3 - US$82
Neighbourhood: Discovery Gardens
Description: Royal Orchid is a Far-Eastern cuisine based restaurant, that offers delicate flavors from Thailand, China, Japan and other corners of the great Far-East.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had been for dinner here with my family and found the ambience to be good. Their service was courteous and their food was tasty. They are quite renowned in Dubai and started their first branch elsewhere about 25 years ago and they also are very busy in delivering takeaways.Most of their Thai and Chinese dishes are tasty right from their soups, starters and main course ! Their Prawns, Beef, are worth trying !
Dr.Javed Rasheed

Date of visit: January 2021
11  Thank drjavedrasheed
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed 9 December 2020

We loved their thai food, the thai green curry and papaya salad was amazing. Stir fry veggies are also good, along with sticky mango rice. loved it. One of their staff I remember was not friendly, rather had a bizarre attitude and didn't even bother to say welcome, when I said thank you. Her attitude was not friendly for sure.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank sugandhadua7
Reviewed 23 April 2020

I'm Chinese food lover and was so much happy with this place.
Located in a most beautiful decorated Chinese Food Court of Ibn Batuta Mall.
The restaurant is offering huge variety of dishes and some sweets as well.
Were trying my fave Tom Yum soup alone with some cold appetizers and a desert.
Everything was so tasty and served in a nice way.
Our server demonstrated the high level of menu knowledges explaining us all the questions we had.
Thanks for good service and so tasty food!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Aprilmantra
Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

We were not intending to have lunch at the mall but the friendly staff here tempted us in. I can highly recommend the Sizzling cumin lamb with onions and leeks, the crispy fish in a tangy Thai sauce and that old favourite duck red curry. The lamb was especially tasty and was the favourite as we shared the dishes.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 9 February 2020

You cannot go wrong with this restaurant. Located pretty much at the far end of Ibn Battuta Mall, in the China section, this restaurant has "indoor" seating or tables set outside in the mall, overlooking the central area of the China section. So a good location "with a view" but without being noisy or there being loads of crowds.

Everything on the very extensive menu sounded great, in fact I was spoiled for choice. In the end I took the waiter's recommendation of the Cumin Lamb which was really good. Their portions are huge (I couldn't finish it) and their prices are reasonable. The food arrived quickly and was very hot, so obviously was prepared to order. Only disappointment was that they had run out of Thai iced tea.

Overall, my experience was excellent and I will definitely go again, as well as check out some of their other locations. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2020