“Great service but portion sizes for the mains are a rip off”
Review of Hutong

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #756 of 12,644 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$41 - US$123
Neighbourhood: Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Description: Hutong offers contemporary and occasionally fiery Northern Chinese cuisine, amazing dim sum and creative cocktails, all served in a stylish setting with a beautiful outdoor terrace in DIFC.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Extreme foul smell of sewage at the entrance of the restaurant. The decor is average for an upscale restaurant. The portion sizes are pretentious appear to be large but are filled with chillies and sauce! Ordered a potion of prawns for the main and received 4 pieces! Extremely disappointed with the portion sizes and generosity! Absolutely no value and if you want guest to return you need be stop being a rip off! It’s Chinese food for gods sake!

Date of visit: April 2021
hutong d, Manager at Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 4gavind,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in Hutong.
I am equally disappointed with your experience here at Hutong, as you are. It is simply not what you should expect from us.

I would be pleased if you could send your contact details to my email, which will allow me to contact you and have more details on your experience.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Maxime.Legeard@Aqua-Dubai.com

Write a reviewReviews (75)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing food, fantastic service and great ambiance, the wait staff are so humble, friendly and welcoming. Special thanks to the receptionist, the manager and to Atef.
Will see you soon again.

2  Thank 124jahidk
hutong d, Manager at Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 124jahidk,

Thank you for sharing such a nice review following your recent visit at Hutong Dubai.

I am delighted to know you enjoyed your visit and glad you had an overall positive experience with us. At Hutong, we aim to deliver the very best of experiences to all our guests and it is encouraging to know we have delivered on this occasion.

Thank you once again for sharing your review, and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

For future bookings, do not hesitate to contact me directly to Maxime.Legeard@aqua-dubai.com

Reviewed 9 May 2021

I had been told that Hutong was special, but nothing prepared me for this. Inspired by the ancient Silk Route, its interior is nothing less than spectacular. Everything from the wishing tree in the middle of the restaurant to the design of the bricks used on the walls all have special meaning and, more importantly, work to create a harmonious, tranquil environment to dine in. No self-respecting, fine-dining Chinese restaurant is complete without private dining rooms – Hutong has two – complete with private wait staff. It also has a full-size bar on the ground floor and a soon to be enclosed and air-conditioned outdoor dining area.

Hutong’s menu doesn’t stray far from its Hong Kong roots, offering a treasure chest of Cantonese (and Sichuan) dishes, highlighted by its famous Roasted Peking Duck with Pancakes; rumour has it that it is made to a hundred-year-old recipe created for the Chinese Emperor. The soups and starters, especially the dim sum, are ridiculously good. I particularly liked my Chicken and Matsutake Mushroom Soup while my wife thumb-wrestled me for the last piece of our unique Spring Rolls. For mains, I strongly recommend the cotton tender Wok-Tossed Beef Tenderloin, Crispy Seabass with Leek and Yu Xiang Crispy Eggplant – all are awesome.

Service is exemplary, easily one of the best I have experienced in Dubai (and that’s saying a lot). The quality of service and attention to detail starts at the restaurant-exclusive valet. This extends to the elegant hostesses at the entrance who welcome you like a returning regular. Once inside and seated a host of well trained, immaculately groomed wait staff float about you like butterflies, unobstructive yet attentively. Our waiter, John, and his team were simply amazing. I was so impressed that the restaurant manager himself found the time to visit our table – twice. Thank you, Max. Hutong is a very special dining experience and well worth a detour. I can’t wait to go back.

#1 Food Blogger on Zomato Dubai – 2018, 2019 and 2020
Xerxes (pronounced Zûrk’seez) physically dines at, or orders from, each and every venue he reviews. He pays in full for whatever he and his companions eat, drink, take away or occasionally throw at each other. Xerxes accepts no money, gifts, discounts or free meals in return for reviews or favouritism. What you have read was NOT influenced in any way by the venue.

1  Thank ravenousxerxes
hutong d, Manager at Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2021

Dear Ravenousxerxes,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your visit to Hutong Dubai.

I am pleased to know you enjoyed your time with us and even more delighted that my colleague John made your stay even better.

On behalf of all my colleagues, thank you once again for sharing your review and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2021

I had to make a booking request at very short notice on the weekend, and was delighted to get a table quickly. We were welcomed at the entrance by the staff in attendance and were chaperoned to our sanitized table. The service staff made very good recommendations for food and drinks, which were all served to perfect timing. While each of the dishes and drinks were excellent, the Peking Duck was really outstanding, one of the best that I have had. The Hutong Paloma cocktail was also superb. It was a special occasion that I was celebrating with family and overall it was truly a very enjoyable dinner.

1  Thank Gamit512
hutong d, Manager at Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2021

Dear Gamit512,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your recent visit to Hutong Dubai.

I am delighted to know you enjoyed your time and found our services to be of your satisfaction.

Reviewed 1 May 2021 via mobile

Top 5 Manchester, UK reviewer here!! And I'm here to give you the much wanted feedback on the newly crowned restaurant for best Chinese 2021. Remember to give this a thumbs up for others to follow too!

+ The building from the inside is decorated beautifully (don't be put off from the external views)
+ Customer service is brilliant from the moment you enter
+ Each dish in the Iftar menu was INCREDIBLE! The flavours and textures are above a normal restaurant standard (please see pics); recommend the wild mushroom & truffle bao, crispy seabass with leek, beef tenderloin and the date pudding!

- The waiter Hamdy was pouring water throughout the visit and charged 30dhs per bottle without informing us prior.
... will let you know how the restaurant deal with this soon followers!

1  Thank Hamsta666
hutong d, Manager at Hutong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2021

Dear Hamsta666,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review following your recent visit at Hutong Dubai.