“The Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in”

Ramee Guestline Deira Hotel
Ranked #510 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Staying in this hotel was a nightmare. They also claim to be the cheapest in Al Rigga but in fact it would have been better to pay a few more quid and stayed in some decent hotels nearby.

From the moment I walked in the hotel, the lobby was small and felt claustrophobic and intimidating for a single female traveller. Good thing my sister who works in Dubai agreed to stay with me for the duration of my stay.

The room smelt smoky, curtains have stains and dusty. There was only one plug in socket in the entire room which was use for the telly, what I couldnt understand was the DVD player attached to the televsion but no where to plugged it into? and dont get me started on the bathroom... My sister and I dropped my bags to the room and then hidded out for tea, we went back to the hotel at 10 pm. As we were waiting for the lift to come down, a man approched us put his arm on the lift door and said to us "Are you visiting guest? you need to go to the reception" I was shocked and astonished by what I just heard. I told him we are guest in the hotel and he keep saying got to reception until I produced my hotel card and he let us board the lift. Fuming was an understatement! I should have listened to my sister and reported that man who I discover was the security at the night club of the hotel. This happened the next day as well and this man was even ruder that the last one. He didnt even said a word, just put his arm on thr lift door and said Receoception to us.. I lost my patience by then and yelled at the man while waving my hotel key. I was going to find another accomodation but the hotel was already paid and was only staying for another night so endour another sleepless night as the aircon in our room was noisy,like we are under a helipad with the chopper engine running all night long.

I would not stay in this hotel again in fact, I would not recommend it and regreted booking it!

Nightmare!!

Room Tip: Our Balcony room was noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank j-manx

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Average hotel close by the metro station which makes this hotel good value for money. Pleanty of shops and food outlets nearby.
WIFI does not work,

Stayed this hotel because it is two stops away from the airport

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mousa210
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Horrible , horrible horrible, cockroaches everywhere,broken toilets, air conditioners not working with bad smell,an old hotel that needs serious renovation. We made reservation for 3 adults but we ended up in a two bedroom apartments for 2 adults and a child.The only thing good about the hotel was it location, about two metro stations very close to the hotel and the mull is just a stone throw.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Henrika H
Reviewed 31 December 2013

From 26 till 29 th december 2013 , stayed in this pathetic hotel. Bad smell , dirty carpets, non flushing toilets, lack of hot water, poor front desk managers who did not know how to reach us even when we were sitting right in front of them in breakfast room while our driver who had to take us to airport waited for one hour in the lobby( which incidentally is an excuse for the word lobby).
The only saving grace might be its close proximity to the metro station, otherwise this hotel is a disaster.i would strongly recommend to seriously think

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Shahida H
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was really disappointed with the treatment that we received from the hotel staff while trying to check in into the hotel.

The receptionist Lola was not welcoming at all with an angry posture refusing our reservation claiming that they cannot check in different nationalities and females at the same apartment!
She even said that females are not allowed in the hotel!!!!!
I never heard such a discrimination terms and conditions in Dubai as we stayed so many times in different hotels and no one rejected our reservation.

Lola was not helpful at all and when I asked her for the duty manager who we waited for him for more than 40 minutes to come as he was outside the hotel, and once he came he was very arrogant and not helpful as well.

All the staff from Front Desk to reservation and MOD confirmed that this rules are mentioned in the website which i just checked and couldn't find.

I booked a desert safari and other activities on that day for a friends of mine who were visiting Abu Dhabi and I had to cancel it because our reservation was not homered and of course i was charged for it.

Hotel location is very hard to find.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel and read the reviews before checking in.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends