5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$109
Expedia.comUS$109
Hotels.comUS$109
eDreamsUS$109
Trip.comUS$113
ZenHotels.comUS$117
2,515 results
All reviews feast restaurant the club lounge the world trade center sheikh zayed road rooftop pool special thanks concierge team metro station business trip hotel staff enjoyed my stay house keeping amazing hotel amazing service special mention burj khalifa yamin
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2021

Timely and very good service. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was good and had variety of options for vegetarians. Rooms are spacious with good facilities. Overall great experience staying at Sheraton Grand!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank sindujas2021
Sheraton Grand Dubai, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Dubai and posting this positive review on the TripAdvisor.

We truly appreciate your complimenting feedback about the service provided by our dedicated team and our food offerings.

We look forward to being at your service again.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

We have been long-term residents of the Grand Sheraton since October 2020, and have nothing but the best things to say about this property - specifically the long-term apartments -- as well as the outstanding personal care and professional service provided by a truly outstanding staff.

COVID 19
First things first -- let me address the Grand Sheraton's covid response, which has been consistent, responsible, clearly articulated and, most importantly, taken seriously. It starts when you walk in the front door and Security is there to remind everyone to keep their masks on properly - covering both the nose and the mouth. I've been incredibly impressed with the willingness of Security and other frontline staff to gently remind guests of the health requirements in place, and to model expectations while always meeting the challenges of Covid 19 with a genuine smile. The facility itself has been retrofitted to encourage social distancing in all public spaces, including the lobby, elevators, pool area and restaurants, and hand sanitizer stations and masks are readily available and supplies maintained. I feel confident they are taking care of their end of the bargain with regard to Covid 19, and making it easier for their guests to do the same. The Grand Sheraton is doing a great job of continuing to provide outstanding customer service and experience while managing the very real threat of Covid 19 in a popular international tourist destination. Definitely 5-star.

Speaking of Covid 19, we have been especially thankful for the opportunity to have PCR tests conducted in the comfort of our apartment during out stay. These tests were arranged by Ms Sakina at Ranya Tours to meet international travel requirements, and also for peace of mind when my husband and I came down with colds. The private nurse was professional and gentle, and our results were in our in-box within 24-hours. Ms Sakina has also arranged visa extension services for us, as well as more traditional 'tour desk" activities like tickets and even a private cruise. Plus, she's just a ray of sunshine!

STAFF
One of the advantages of being a long-term resident at the Grand Sheraton is the ability to really get to know the people who make running a large, busy hotel seem easy. From top to bottom and bottom to top, the staff at the Grand Sheraton is exceptional! Every interaction is personal and professional, and the sense of family and genuine care is contagious.

Here's an example: Family came to visit over Thanksgiving, and one morning my 5-yo grandson decided he wanted to have breakfast at &More Cafe in the lobby. And he wanted watermelon, which wasn’t on the menu. Community Manager Ms Dwi Utari, stopped at our table for a visit, excused herself and came back with a heaping plate of watermelon! My grandson was thrilled. The next morning, there was a knock on our door, and the valet delivered a box of mini donuts and a lovely hand-drawn card from Ms Dwi to my grandson. Talk about going above and beyond! It is a touch of class I know he and I will always remember - thanks again, Ms Dwi!

And she’s the rule, not the exception.

From GM Ms Anna Collier and her management team to our fabulous housekeepers, Atif and Lauson and their crews, from the valets and security staff at the front door who never fail to greet us with a big smile and offers to help, to the concierges who have the right answer to every question, from the wait staff at Feast and &More, to the room service folks who prepared and delivered our amazing Thanksgiving feast, and everyone in between, we have been made to feel safe, respected, welcome and like members of a wonderful family. I sincerely wish I was better at names, I’d list each and every person who has truly made this stay a joy — and the list would be long.

Suffice it to say, the best thing about the Sheraton Grand is the people. It may be a cheesy cliche, but in this case, it definitely is the truth!

ACCOMODATIONS
We’ve stayed in one and two-bedroom long-stay apartments during our time at the Sheraton Grand in Dubai, so I can only speak to those accommodations. It is just my husband and I, so the rooms have adequately met our simple needs, with one niggly exception, which I’ll get to in a bit.

The apartments are located separate from the hotel rooms, which I appreciate, as it definitely cuts down on both traffic and noise. In addition, apartment guests can only access the floor on which they are accommodated, which I also appreciate from a safety and security standpoint.

Although holidaying families often take advantage of the bigger accommodations afforded by apartments, most long-term stays at the Sheraton Grand are for business travel, and the apartments reflect that mostly male, mostly on-their-own demographic that appreciates functional minimalism and room service. (I should note some of the minimalism is likely part of the hotel’s response to Covid 19. There’s a list of items which usually come with the apartments but are now available only by request.)

The bedrooms include all the basics, as well as a desk and generous closet space. The bathrooms are great and the living areas well appointed with a sectional and chair, as well as a small dining table and built-in credenza. The apartments come with a washer/dryer combination, which is super handy but very European — meaning it takes several hours to go from dirty clothes to clean and dry clothes. There’s also an in-house laundry service, which is reasonably priced and has great to-the-door service, and which, again, meets the needs of the primary demographic.

Which gets me to the kitchen — and the niggly exception. The kitchen includes a small two-burner stovetop, a microwave, a large refrigerator and freezer, a sink, a dishwasher, a coffee maker, an electric kettle, a toaster, basic place settings, pots and pans and a ton of cabinets — again great for the business travel demographic. Honestly, if my husband were here alone, the kitchen would be perfect. He’d make some toast and instant oatmeal, occasionally pop something in the microwave, then subsist on room service and be happy as a clam. But, I am here, and my expectation coming in was that I’d be able to cook most of our meals, and that has been a challenge without an oven. I’ve spoken with management, and I’m sure we will come to some solution, but, if you’re renting an apartment with the idea of doing much cooking, be aware there are some limitations.

That said, in every respect, staff has been more than accommodating to my requests with regard to making the kitchen more user-friendly, from bringing up bowls when we brought home ice cream to providing additional table settings and chairs to accommodate family visits. I recognize my situation and expectations are, perhaps, different than those of most guests, and truly appreciate the extra-effort that has gone into making my stay at the Sheraton Grand wonderful.

PUBLIC SPACES
We are homebodies, so haven’t really taken advantage of all the public spaces Sheraton Grand has to offer, but what we have experienced has been great. We love dropping by &More Cafe for smoothies and quick lunches, and the service is always first class. We’ve visited Feast a few times, and have enjoyed both the breakfasts and dinners there — both of which are buffet-style with generous offerings from around the globe. And again, service at the Sheraton Grand is exceptional across the board.

The rooftop pool is a great little spot for drinks and dinner in a relaxed atmosphere. The pool itself is large and well-maintained, surrounded by plenty of lounging space, and offers a great view of the city. It is a smoking area, however, which is a bit of a bummer, but pretty much the norm in the ME. The gym is well-appointed and maintained — or so my husband has told me haha.

We haven’t taken yet advantage of the other restaurants located within the hotel, nor the full-service spa, however have heard from colleagues all are fabulous.

With Covid restrictions in place, public spaces are being well managed at the Sheraton Grand, meaning seating is limited, gatherings are smaller and social distancing and masks are both the norm and enforced. I imagine outside these restrictions, public spaces would be much more animated, as the design of the hotel definitely encourages interaction, relaxation and enjoyment.

LOCATION
We specifically chose the Sheraton Grand based on its proximity to my husband’s office — and that has been a terrific choice for us, but if you’re looking for accommodations in the thick of the Dubai social scene, this isn’t it haha.

For us, there’s lots to love about the location, however. We are a short walk to the train station, which opens up the entire city for just a few dollars a trip without having to deal with the traffic and crowds. There’s a great little Carrefour market right across the street, which means my grocery shopping is a breeze. Also directly across the street are a well-stocked pharmacy, and one of our favorite places to eat in Dubai, Black Coffee by Cafe Younes, which offers fabulous food, exotic coffees and outstanding customer service.

Also within walking distance are a number of fast food and sit-down restaurants and coffee places, as well as larger markets and pharmacies.

The Sheraton Grand has a stable of reliable and safe drivers available for hire, and public taxis are always available for exploration further afield, as well. If you’re coming in from the airport, a hotel driver for pickup can be arranged ahead of time.

The hotel’s location on Sheik Zayeed Street, a main thoroughfare, means getting around Dubai by car is quick and easy, but it also means there can be a lot of middle of the night traffic — drivers of loud, high-performance vehicles definitely enjoy and take advantage of the straightness of this section of road to really let their horses run. If you’re a light sleeper, you might want to pack your earplugs.

OVERALL
Whether you’re coming to Dubai for a weekend or a year, I sincerely encourage you to book your stay at the Sheraton Grand. The staff here makes all the difference, and definitely moves a Great hotel into the Favorite hotel category. And, if you do visit, tell them Mrs. White says, hi :)

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hometownwriter

Dear Hometownwriter,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel apartments for your stay in Dubai and truly valuable time to review your stay experience in details.

We are thrilled with your positive review and complimenting feedback about our team and service excellence we strive to provide to our valued guests. Your feedback will certainly motivate us to provide even more exceptional guest experiences.

Thank you once again for all your loyalty and patronage. We are privileged to be at your service.

Reviewed 28 January 2021

Ather at reception was very polite and helpful
Faisal at Concierge was super considerate and handled all my needs perfectly
The faculty was very beautiful. Loved the layout of the room. Breakfast was to die for

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ZM1976
Sheraton Grand Dubai, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Dubai and complimenting our product and services.

Your positive feedback about Athar and Faisal is truly appreciated and will be shared with them with pleasure.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 January 2021

The hotel staffs were very good and professional at all times. Thanks to ATIF and MAZHAR for always looking after for house keeping stuff.

Also, the hotel staff were very punctual with cleaning the rooms. Room was very clean at all time’s.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank yinkaf2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai and taking your time to review your stay experience.

We truly appreciate your complimenting feedback about our housekeeping service , provided by Atif and Mazhar. Your feedback will certainly motivate us to strive for more superior results further.

We look forward to being at your service again in a near future.

Reviewed 28 January 2021

My husband and I spent our 1 year anniversery here. This was our first trip to dubai and we were so worried we wouldn't choose the right hotel. Fortunately, the hotel was perfect for us. We were helped very well and the service is a 10! In particular, I am very pleased with Yaser Arafat. His smile and helpfulness is really what we needed during our stay. He really works with his heart and good will. He automatically makes me happy and he made our stay a lot better. Incidentally, the other employees are also very sweet, respectful and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 319karimae

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on a special occasion of your 1st year wedding anniversary. We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us and thank you for your complimenting feedback about Yaser.

We look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you.