“Superb Japanese Cuisine in Dubai”
Review of Miyako

Miyako
Ranked #44 of 10,116 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Taste genuine Japanese cuisine in a modern, fresh and moody ambience at Miyako restaurant. The menu takes diners on a culinary journey through delicious Japanese creations. Miyako is divided into three different and authentic dining experiences - a live Teppanyaki room, main dining area with a sushi bar and an intimate Tatami room. A cosy bar offers a wide selection of Sake and Shochu. For Children: Children below 6 years of age, eat for free. Children between 6 to 12 years of age get a 50% discount.
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Miyako is a well known in Dubai as the place for authentic Japanese cuisine for decades. Like many upscale Japanese restaurants here, they import fresh fishes and seafoods directly from Japan three times a week. I tried the set lunch menu of Tempura Udon which accompanied by small Chirashi Rice bowl (assorted fishes on vinegar rice). The shrimp tempura was tasty and the shrimp is really fresh. The Hamachi (Yellow tail) and Maguro (Tuna) on Chirashi are very fresh too. This set lunch costs around 60 AED which is very reasonable for the quality and taste. I will come back with my family for Sushi and Sashimi soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We have been regular guests at Miyako since 1990 and have now seen two refurbishment of the restaurant. The latest,though to my much anticipation,does not measure up. Miyako seems to have gotten lost in translation. Perhaps trying to be as hip as the newerly arrivals like Okku or Zuma,it sets aside a bar area that eats into the dinng room space. Now the seating is either too close for comfort or haphazardly arranged. The open kitchen concept,while NOT projecting an air of hipness,reminds me of a small eateries on a back lane of any major Japanese cities. To be fair,sashimi cuts are still ad fresh as ever,but the tempura batter has lost it's delicate crunch,which Miyako was known for. Service was less than sterling as the waitress was eager to clear one while the other(me!) was still working around my bento. The wood paneling on the wall also look Ikeaish,with edges not professionally polished off. I sometimes believe in the adage:if it's not broken,try not to fix it. Now that I've experienced Miyako 3.0, I can't help but look forward to a Miyako 4.0

1  Thank Foodie Faroola
Reviewed 13 November 2016

excellent food and service. first Japanese restaurant in town in Dubai and still keeps the high quality.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Staying at the Deira Hyatt Regency we decided to try out this restaurant . My 12 year old son loves Sushi and on the lunch menu was Bento lunch box which had a selection of sushi and other perfectly cooked and tasty selections. Included was ice cream for dessert but not ordinary ice cream. We tried green tea ice cream which was amazing and then another, red bean ( my son liked this even more). We have had dinner here as well with another good value and incredibly tasty and balanced selection. What makes this place even more special are the kind and knowledgable staff who provide an exceptional standard of customer service. So much so, that when I came in to book our final dinner before leaving Dubai, I was greeted by name. I cannot recommend Miyako more highly and if there were more than 5* I would give it! There is a new restaurant being built to house Miyako in the Hyatt Regency , would have loved to be around to try it..... Well maybe next year? Many thanks to the staff and do try and visit if you are in Dubai.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

It was a surprise dinner by my partner for my birthday so that is how this experience began one Tuesday night..

Location & Ambiance: Located inside the Hyatt hotel, no fuss easy to find. At the time of our visit the restaurant was under renovation and had been moved upstairs where the Iranian restaurant used to be. Nevertheless it had a fantastic view overlooking the lobby and private rooms almost which were very cozy and spacious.Loved the lighting and the grand entrance.

Staff: A big thumbs up to the staff and the service. Excellent, friendly, courteous and had good knowledge of the menu items. Service was great well timed, no delays experienced. Overall staff was very welcoming and warm.

Food & Drinks:

Rose wine - It just felt like a wine kind of evening. Wish there was a better selection as unfortunately only 1 was available.
Fresh watermelon juice - great balance of flavours and certainly fresh.

California roll - Great portion size, good flavours and well presented.

Tempura vegetables - Loved the dipping sauce. One of very few 'perfect' tempura batters I have come across. It is absolutely spot on! Massive portion size, good for 4 heads or 2 very hungry ones :)

Chicken bento box - A massive portion, even between 2 of us we could not finish it.The mushroom was a tad too acidic for my taste. The rest of the items were fantastic. Enjoyed every manageable bite.

Birthday cake – No we did not have space in our tummies for the cake. Yes we did still eat it cuz it was delicious! It was so cute how all the staff members including the chef came along singing "happy birthday" and each of them took the time to wish me personally. The chocolate cake was divine! Could not have asked for a better close to the meal..

Price point: Totally worth it. I would say for a restaurant of such caliber and excellent service the price was excellent. Also they offer 20% off for ENBD cardholders along with a 30% discount coupon for a nightcap at The Bar.

Overall: Would highly recommend and return many many more times for sure :)