“Bad reviewers for this place should get a one way ticket to hell”
Review of # Pachamama Hostel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sucre
# Pachamama Hostel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Sucre
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I found this place completely randomely and it was cheap (80 bs for a private room with bathroom) everything was working fine, hot shower and internet, the staff was extremely kind, going out of their way to explain me how to get to places and the general atmosphere was relaxed and chilled, it seems to attract serius travelers, like people by bike and bicycle as it has a lovely courtyard to park and mingle! Highly reccomended!

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Darinka M

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

There are only two good things about this place (hence the two stars):

-the matress was good (we were in a room with a big bed)
-its quiet enough with a nice garden

Now the rest:

- people we met on the road told us it should cost 45 bob , they charged us 50 per person, negotiating was not an option

- the owner is extemely grumpy and unfriendly

- the kitchen is equipped but you have to race the family for pots etc. because they cook in the same kitchen every day

- apparently washing your clothes on your own is prohibited, which is just hilarous considering it's a backpacker hostel (nobody mentioned this at check-in)

- they told us we should save water but after a day proceeded to wash the car which just stands around

- the water in the shower wasn't really warm, when I complained they were surprised to see the cables open and said "omg we could have electrecuted ourselves" (this was then repaired).
water pressure is also very low.

- we stayed 5 nights (because I got sick), the room was never cleaned, the garbage bin in the bathroom never emptied.

- wi-fi is painfully slow

I really really cannot recommend this place and do not understand all the positive reviews. If I had to stay in Sucre again I would choose a different place.

Safe travels!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I and my girlfriend arrived there very early in the morning and we found this nice place nice and environment in the city center. Moreover it was unexpectedly cheap, considered the location. If you stop in Sucre, it is really worth.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Wow, we are a couple, staying in a matrimonial room. Just perfect! Balcony with a view, private bathroom, good bed. Shared kitchen, nice staff, great courtyard! We will be staying for a couple more days :-)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

I came upon this hostel accidentally, and it was JUST what I needed. The room was nice enough, but the best parts were the beautiful courtyard with flowering vines and the shared kitchen. Everything was always very well maintained and clean. I'd stay there again any time.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo