“Great Food For All Tastes”

Bigalora Wood Fired Cucina
Ranked #68 of 625 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Our party of five adults visited this very busy restaurant on a Friday evening. We had a 30 minute wait to be seated. For appetizers we had Sunday Meatballs, Fried Shishito Peppers and Focaccia. Our entrees varied from Bacco Pizza, Vegitali Pizza, Pasta fettuccine to Wood Roasted Salmon. The food is rather pricey but, all of our food was excellent. It was a great evening and I would like to return.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We've been here 10+ times in the past year and enjoyed it every time. Best offering is the pizza. We've visited Italy several times and find the pizza here absolutely authentic. (Different from traditional USA pizza but wonderful!). Beer list is extensive. Wine list good, not lots of offerings but what they have is great. Our only beef is that it can be a little noisy.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I have eaten here twice (8/24/16 and 7/13/17). The first time was great. My favorite was the Brussel sprouts appetizer. Pizzas were good, though I didn't like their cannoli (as an Italian, I know my stuff!). I couldn't wait to go back but just didn't find the time until recently when friends were visiting. I couldn't wait to take them there. The day went awry a little so we got there later than planned (about 50 minutes before closing). The outside seating was closed at that point, but at least we didn't have to wait on a table. Of course, I recommended the Brussel sprouts appetizer. They were okay but totally different than before. They used to be shredded and crunchy and tangy. Now, they are quartered and not as flavorful (our server said they've been doing it this new way for awhile, and she's heard many customers say they liked the old way better). Our pizzas were fine (we got one red and one white). I always like the chewiness of the thin crust, though it's not like the true New York pizzas I love (I'm from New York, so there is some bias there). Their homemade sausage was very good.

We wanted to order another pizza to go for a friend who couldn't make it, but I didn't ask the server about this until 9:59. Yes, the kitchen closes at 10, but we never got a reminder that if we wanted anything else, we'd better do it by X time (in case we lost track of time). We just wanted a simple pizza...which the menu says takes 90 seconds to cook...but the kitchen refused. Our server was nice, but it still bothered me that we never got a "warning." (She explained that desserts aren't made through the kitchen, and she assumed that was the only thing more we might have wanted.)

Okay, so here was the worst part. We weren't taking an extra leisurely dinner...just eating at a normal pace. We hadn't even received the bill yet. Yet pretty much at 10:01, the restaurant started blasting heavy metal...like the death metal kind of heavy metal (before that, they were playing 80s and 90s music...a little on the loud side since there weren't as many people filling up the place but still enjoyable). It was beyond disturbing because they were either obviously trying to push us out (again, we hadn't even gotten the bill!!) or it was part of their wind-down ritual and they didn't care that they still had customers there. We commented to the server when she brought our check, and she apologized and asked "them" to turn it down. A few minutes later, the music went down...a little. Our server explained that that was "turning it down" to "them." It was still pretty loud, and we were still rather offended (not to mention the fact that my friend was pregnant and a bit worried about the stress on her baby).

I'm not sure how fast I will hurry back here after this experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I love this restaurant! I crave the brussel sprout pizza and then find myself going back again! Even the gluten free crust is very good and no one would know it is GF. I also love their drinks, in particular the BUFALA BIANCO, which just might be the best drink on the planet. I have tried a few other pizzas which were also good, but not nearly as good as my favorite. The asparagus pizza needed a little more actual asparagus. .
We have had excellent service here and the atmosphere is also nice with simple design, high ceilings, and a great looking bar with ladder to get to the top, The garage style clear door opens for plenty of outdoor seating in a treed area away from the parking lot and road.
Check it out and enjoy!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Visited with family, had several pizzas and two pasta dishes, everything was very good. Calamari was just the rings, actually very fresh and tasty, and came some marinara sauce. Only question is why no bread basket, but really didn't need extra calories. Would definitely visit again.