Lowest prices for your stay
IHG
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$180
TravelocityUS$180
Lol.travelUS$226
All reviews comfortable bed great stay the entire staff michigan wedding university
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2021

Overall this seemed like a great hotel - the room was super clean, and I knew they were following covid protocols, which was great. However, when I went to bed, my skin was very itchy on the pillowcase, and when I woke up in the morning, I had red, irritated skin on my face. I was not the only one in the party who experienced some kind of reaction - others had eyes that swelled up dramatically, or sneezed the entire time in the hotel. Speaking to the clerk at checkout, he told me that they had recently changed cleaning products to be covid-safe, but had "not yet seen the research" as to whether they affected skin or allergies! So, I really can't recommend this hotel, especially if you are allergy prone.

Date of stay: June 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2021

Hi Kmschall,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

I am happy you appreciate our clean rooms. We would like you to consider our hotel a home away from home. It seems we missed the mark on this day because of the condition of the pillowcase. We value you as our guest, and your well-being is of utmost concern.

I will make sure to forward your concerns to the hotel for investigation and correction. I sent you a private message to ask for your reservation details.

Again, thank you for making us aware of your hotel experience. I look forward to your response.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 23 January 2021

This is a really nice, clean hotel - near Ann Arbor but out of the way.
Due to COVID I didn't do any exploring. My stay was just a break to get out of the house. I felt the hotel was clean, safe, and committed to COVID precautions.
But the real asset is the people.
Every staff person I met or interacted with at this hotel was really great! I don't mean just pleasant - I mean kind, helpful, caring, and invested in my well-being and enjoyable stay.
When I first arrived I asked if it was possible to change the type of room I had reserved - no problem.
The next morning I had a weird car problem and three different members of the hotel staff assisted me - not only to help make sure my problem was resolved, but they even ran a quick errand for me while I was without a vehicle. This is well beyond anything you could reasonably expect!
The second night of my stay I had an issue with my room, I'm guessing due to miscommunication between shifts- not really sure. But as soon as I brought my concern to the attention of the staff they did everything they could to fix the situation and I was very happy with the solution.
I can't say enough good about this hotel and look forward to staying again.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 15 September 2020

My husband and I stayed two nights at this hotel. We came to Ann Arbor for doctor appointments at the U of M Medical Center. Upon returning home I found that we were double-billed $250 on our credit card and confirmed that with their front desk. Two calls later, I was informed that we had smoked in the room and thrown a cigarette butt into the shower. At that time, I still believed it was just an honest mistake and asked to talk with the GM again. The GM told me they had photo evidence and that there was no mistake. I asked the GM to investigate. He insisted there was no mistake. I asked him to review the hallway video as there were cameras in the hallway. He refused. My husband and I do not smoke. If a cigarette was found, it was left there by one of his own staff. The GM refused to tell me the time the room was cleaned, look at cameras, talk to staff, send me the photo evidence, and told me that everyone caught smoking lies about it.
During our stay we observed one of the staff of that hotel smoking out front multiple times a day, right in the main entrance to the lobby, the two days we were there That is the only explanation that makes sense. The GM defended his staff but I was the liar.
We did not want to travel and expose ourselves to COVID 19 since we are senior citizens. We had appointments that could not be rescheduled in this Pandemic.
We have never in our entire lives been treated and accused in this way.

Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2020

Hello Experience669303,

Thanks for sharing feedback, it's great to hear from one of our guests. I regret to learn that you were let down about the smoking penalty. Our team has been looped of your review and I'm confident this will be improved to deliver complete guest satisfaction. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

In line with this, do know I sent you a private message to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 30 August 2020

We've stayed at this property multiple times over the past couple of years and in the past, it's always been pretty good. No more. I get COVID has changed some things, but enough with these businesses using it as an excuse for poor service. It starts with breakfast - yes, I know they can't do a decent breakfast anymore and they give you a nice list of options at check in - the problem is they don't actually have most of those options. Maybe one flavor of danish and some cold cereal. Everything else is marked out as unavailable - guess they ran out over night? Next they've reduced housekeeping staff so they don't automatically clean the room during your stay. They will give you fresh towels IF you bring them your dirty ones to trade lest someone steal the wet ones. Nice. Cleanliness is decent except for the shower tracks which appear like they haven't been properly cleaned since the hotel opened. All this is quite a drag since it used to be our go to place in Ann Arbor. No more.

Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2020

Hi kthuro,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Ann Arbor travel. I appreciate your feedback about your stay.

We strive to provide exceptional service and uncompromised convenience. I'm sorry you experienced issues with the breakfast, housekeeping service, and shower rack's cleanliness. I can see these dampened your visit. Trust that I alerted our management about this so we can make the necessary changes to better our service.

We appreciate your feedback about your stay and looking forward to your next travel.

Many Thanks,

Rein D

Reviewed 14 June 2020 via mobile

The friendly, courteous and hospitable front desk staff is worth staying here. The rooms, lobby and hallways are always clean and polished. Even with the current Covid-19 crisis, the hospitality has still remained excellent. I have stayed at different hotels in the area but this place has become my go to because of the cleanliness, comfort and ease of checking in or out. Additionally, Dan, the manager, is a gem. Great place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple