“Loved the shrimp”

Red Ox Tavern
Ranked #8 of 132 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 January 2016

We went here for dinner before a show at the Palace and it was great. I got the jumbo shrimp with the broccoli slaw and sweet potato fries. It was so yummy. My son likes the burger and fries. My husband was not really impressed pasta but he's really picky about pasta. Our server was really busy but our food was always delivered on time.

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere to watch the hockey. Food was good and great beer selection. Good family area. My wife and daughter had the mac N Cheese only really needed one between them.

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Good food, good drinks and game atmosphere. Fast and friendly service with room to spread out with friends and coworkers.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

One of my favorite meals at the Red Ox is their Firecracker Shrimp appetizer. It's enough to make an entire meal, however, its spicy and leaves you incredibly thirsty afterwards. I finished my water and moved the glass to the edge of the table (the universal sign that you want a refill). 20 minutes later still no water. I had to ask another waitress if I could get some water, to which she replied she'd find our waitress - wait, WHAT?!?!? No one could get me water!!! Another 10 minutes and finally our waitress appears with a refill glass. Totally unacceptable. However, by this time our food was done and she walked away, empty handed and didn't clear a single dish. We did put in our dessert order at this time and another 15 minutes for that to come out. I thought, WOW - maybe they are making this fresh - NOPE!! It was frozen cake that they nuked to warm us. However, it was still frozen in the middle. The cake was dropped off at the table and still the dishes weren't cleared. Since we were trying to make it to the theater for a show in time, we asked for our check. That was brought to us with lightning fast speed. My friend and I chose to leave a well worded note and our "2 cents" for a tip, letting the waitress know that her service lost her two customers for life. This decision saddens me because as I said before, it is one of my fave dishes that they serve. However, customer service is something I value highly, especially when paying for my meal.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Being locals Red Ox is our all time favorite place to eat out. Service is always fast and friendly. Great menu selection and I can say I've never ordered anything that wasn't to my liking. Great pizza, burgers, sandwiches and salads, like I said you can't go wrong eating at Red Ox in Auburn Hills!

1  Thank Debby D