“Great experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were here for lunch. My husband had soup, salad and bread and I had the hamburger and a salad. Salad bar included basic selections, but was fresh. My husband considered soups (taco, potato, broccoli and cheddar) to be of average taste. The bread was excellent! My burger was perhaps the best burger I have ever eaten and was served on a homemade sesame seed bun. Service was friendly, price was reasonable. We did not try ice cream or dessert. We are already making plans to take other family members back.

Date of visit: August 2017
Thee K, Owner at Thee Abbey Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thanks for the great 5 star review! We're happy you loved our homemade breads, salads and hamburger and service! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

They aren't just blowing smoke here. It's an old Catholic school - either high school or small college. Just walking the grounds was interesting. Food was good, not great. Service was fantastic. Atmosphere very cool. I would definitely go again.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

If you like cinnamon rolls or ice cream you have to visit Thee Abbey. The Cinnamon roll is the biggest one I have ever seen. We also tried the Blueberry Danish it was just as good as the cinnamon roll. I went to Thee Abbey with a friend then 2 days later I took my husband and son for ice cream.

Date of visit: July 2017
Thee K, Owner at Thee Abbey Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Amanda,

Thanks for the great review! Glad you loved our Cinnamon Rolls, Blueberry danish and Ice Cream. We'd love to have you back anytime!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant never fails to deliver excellent service as well as good food and awesome desserts and ice cream. The grounds are also very interesting to walk around as this was an old boarding school for girls that was run by nuns. Lots of beautiful gardens to see. Don't miss this when going thru Arcadia!

Date of visit: April 2017
Thee K, Owner at Thee Abbey Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Veronica, thanks for leaving the wonderful review! Glad you were able to indulge in our homemade ice cream and walk the grounds! Thanks for coming in, we would love to have you back again and again!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We came here on Mother's Day and tried the buffet....big mistake! One of the two soups was out and never replenished in over an hour until we asked about it. I had what was called prime rib but suspect it was pot roast disguised as prime rib. It was dry and so tough you needed a steak knife. The brisket was no better. The ham was ok but very salty. Many of the foods were out the whole time we were there. The mashed potatoes were dry and possibly instant. They charged $20 for this which was highway robbery! Now to be fair it appeared they had no idea how to handle a large crowd. I have friends who swear they have the best burgers around and now I am kicking myself for not ordering one. The waitress was very nice and was doing her best but clearly poor management that day. We will go back and try the burgers on a different occasion and review that visit.

Date of visit: May 2017