“Lovely dinner spot”

Cafe Indochine
Ranked #132 of 1,122 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to CAFE INDOCHINE, one of Siem Reap's longest-running restaurants, has come under new ownership, bringing decades of high-level hospitality and tourism experience, and promising to continue the restaurant's traditions of romantic dining with a focus on Royal Khmer cuisine.
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Went here for dinner while staying in Siem Reap had the Amok Chicken which was lovely asked for it not to be hot in flavour which they are able to do for you.
Reasonably priced and staff were friendly.
Would certainly recommend.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I went there early evening on a Sunday and whilst it didn’t look too busy the restaurant staff seemed like they were busy and it took a while for me to get a menu and get served. I sat inside on the ground floor and have to admit that whilst it is quaint with the french colonial style of the building and everything I think it would be better to get a table outside or on the upstairs balcony area if you can. For instance, on the ground floor inside you could actually hear people walking around upstairs with the creaky floorboards.

Now although this sounds like a lot of grumbling to start with as soon as the food arrived I forgot any of these little things because it was soooooo good! I had vegetable spring rolls for starters, pretty standard but instantly when I took a bite I got so much flavour and it was so soft and hot and cooked just right! Then when my main of Caramel Chicken came (didn’t know this was a thing!) it was excellent! Either I was really hungry and enjoying the food or the portion was a little small because before I knew it was all gone! Such a good flavouring and I must commend their chefs because they certainly know what they are doing back there!

The building as many have mentioned is so nice and stands out especially with the vintage car in the driveway. It has an elegance to it and when I came I expected that elegance to come with a hefty price range but for what I had and how well it was cooked I would say it came at a very reasonable price. Last point to mention just as a note was that the staff there didn’t really say much to me or check to see if I enjoyed the meal. Again this could be due to them being busy but I always think it’s a courteous thing to do and gives you the opportunity to let them know how they are doing! But on the whole I would say go here for the food because it’s great!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We went to this restaurant on our last night in Siem Reap, which was about 50 metres from our Hotel. The service was excellent as was the food. There was a lot to choose from on the menu, maybe a little too much. We sat on the verandah with ov erhead fans going.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This wooden colonial style building (with a vintage car parked in the front courtyard) oozes charm and sets your expectations high. We ate upstairs in an elegant open area. The menu choice was not huge, but wide enough particularly of local dishes. Our starter, main courses and sweet were all very good (and friends who dined there later the same night were equally impressed). There were plenty staff available and our only quibble was the waitress interrupting our order by conversing with a colleague across at another table. This lapse cost it the highest rating. The cost was very competitive. The overall experience was memorable. Take a Tuk Tuk to finish the Cambodian experience.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Very busy restaurant but we were lucky to get a table outside on the front of the balcony. Booking might be a good option. The service was really good and the food was divine. I tried the Chicken Amok a Cambodian speciality and it was so good. Such a nice atmosphere here and the staff were really attentive. This restaurant was really close to our hotel (Angkor Pearl) so we were able to walk there. Actually walked past earlier in the day and decided we must eat here. We preferred this sort of restaurant as a quieter alternative to the street food cafes. Would definitely recommend eating here. Excellent value for money.

Date of visit: January 2018