Smiling Hotel
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$161
US$72
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$199
Agoda.com
US$43
US$32
  • Breakfast included
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$264
US$136
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

All reviewsangkor watstandard roomrecommend this hotelfirst floorswimming poolcambodiaguide
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

I spend only a night in this hotel during the summer season.The hotel provides standard facilities; however, they are filed to keep the room clean, especially the bathroom.
It take a while for the air con to cool the room. Power supply shorted a few times during that night. It is said that this is normal for the city.
Over all it is ok for a short stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the suite which was huge but there were 2 single beds & the spa bath didn't work. There was also very low water pressure & no hot water at night time. The staff are smiley but English is very very poor which was very frustrating when we were trying to get basic information for buses, tours, etc. Everything is particularly targeted for the bus loads of Chinese tourists & we found the breakfast very average (not much western options). The location is also a bit further from the town but is only a $3 dusty tuk tuk ride away. Overall, we had an ok stay at Smiling for the money that we paid for the suite which was very discounted. They also organised an amazing delicious birthday cake which we were thrilled with!

Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 20 February 2015

We went with a tour group so naturally the hotel was full of Chinese and Koreans (we hail from Taiwan). Breakfast was very full and crowded, with only the basics: noodle soup, egg, bread, mini croissants, fruits and simple salad, stir fried noodles fried rice, chicken sausage and steamed vegetables.
The lobby was the only place with wifi as we were told everyday that they are "fixing the wifi in the rooms". We had to come down to the lobby to use the wifi but it was iffy and lobby had swarms and swarms of mosquitoes. You can see a scene every night of guests sitting on the available chairs in the lobby using the wifi while shaking their legs and hands to avoid the mosquito bites. I sat there for about 10 minutes and there was a swarm by my feet and on top of my head so I left.
Electricity shut down once when we were in the elevator.
The hallway is dark and damp.
The room air con was very weak, we turned it to 19 degrees and it didn't get cold until morning.
There were mosquitos in the room and much as we tried to kill them, I still woke up with 6 bites and mom with 4 bites.
The bathroom bathtub was dirty, I wore my flipflops to take a shower. The shower head was very moldy and leaky. There was a hole in the wooden crowning between the wall and the ceiling and I joked that there was a camera inside filming us shower.
The towels were dirty. I put the towel on the metal rack and a metal bar fell right off, hitting my foot. My mom shook the towel and out came a bleached sunflower seed husk.
We wanted to place a local call to a tuk tuk driver and have it charge to the room but when we called reception, they said "sorry no calls from room phone, you come down do it yourslef"
The bathroom tap sprayed water everywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank happyck
Reviewed 12 January 2015

A great hotel. The service was so incredibly good at this hotel that I will overlook some of the negatives.

Everyone at the hotel was so wonderful, accommodating and exemplified the definition of hospitality.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would gladly return to this hotel at a moments notice.

While I do wish the beds were a bit more comfortable, I just loved the staff so much at this hotel that I have to rate it a 5!

Room Tip: A pool view room is the best.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WDWZEUS
Reviewed 12 November 2014 via mobile

Checked in on 9/11 and out on 11/11.
It's a nice place. Very spacious and beautiful works of art all over.
Swimming pool was nice, but didn't step in.
Loved my room and bed , but found it a little hard..
Breakfast was limited but had different selections.
Staff were truly friendly ..
Wifi was no issues in the room as well as the lobby..
Will drop by again..