Sojourn Boutique Villas
US$54
US$113
US$65
Agoda.com
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$264
US$125
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$65
US$172
US$185
US$165
  • Pool
All reviewstreak villagecooking classswim up bardestination diningoutdoor showercoconut pancakeslocal villagerstuk tukcambodian cookingresponsible tourisman oasisspa treatmentsdirt roadangkor watturn down servicesiem reap townaway from the hustle and bustle
Reviewed 24 July 2012

All i can say is, stay at this place if you're able to do so. We stayed here for 4D/3N. Sojourn is situated outside of the main tourist hotel strip/area but is worth the travel once you get there. To start things off, we took a bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap. Travel took us around 10-12 hours just to get to Cambodia. We were so exhausted when we arrived at around 9-10 in the evening. When we arrived, we took a van to get to Sojourn. All I can think about at this moment was what am I getting into since we were crossing bumpy mud roads. To our relief, we were happy when we finally arrived at the establishment. Even though we had a late evening check-in, the staff were still prompt and accommodating. We were taken to our villas (which was wonderful) and was still given some welcome drinks and snacks. Since we stayed as a couple in our group, I noticed that our room had two solo beds. I requested the staff to have this replaced with a huge single bed and this was done right away while we were having late dinner at their restaurant. The food was overall an average to great experience for me. Since the location of Sojourn is outside the main area, we had all our dinners at their restaurant. This wasn't a problem for me at all since we were back at Sojourn late in the afternoon after a half-day tour of the temples. What I like about their restaurant is that they have a special menu that they change on a daily basis which meant that I never ordered the same thing every time we dined. Apart from that, the rooms (as well as the bathroom) were so lovely and huge. Staff were so friendly and courteous all throughout our stay. We also got the chance to dip in their pool during a hot afternoon. We also tried their spa which was an in-room service (the in-house spa complex wasn't completed yet when we stayed last year) which was a good experience. Overall, this was definitely one of the bonus highlights of our trip and would stay here again next time I visit Siem Reap <3

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I booked a temple villa room for my fiancee, his mother and I to stay in in june (3 night package plus a normal night). On arrival we were picked up by Sokha who was our driver for the whole stay. Due to our bus running very late, he had been waiting awhile for us but he was very welcoming, friendly and chatty.

On arrival we met my fiancee's mother who had already been there a few hours and was loving it. We were given welcome drinks and delicious cambodian pancakes (best pancakes I have ever had!). Our room was very nice (the only issue was that the shower drained very slowly but this made me use the outdoor shower, which i loved!). The room had plenty of space for the three of us. The gardens were lovely and our package tours were adjustable and well planned. Sokha was fantastic company every day (we even used his tuk tuk services). We drank many cocktails and enjoyed two dinners (all were wonderful). Breakfast was fantastic, with a great selection of cold food as well as freshly cooked hot food off a menu. The massages were also the best we had on our month in cambodia/thailand. All the staff were very helpful and friendly.

The hotel is a short drive out of siem reap but we that is why we selected Sojourn. Very easy and cheap to get to and from siem reap and we enjoyed exploring the local village where we enjoyed saying hello to everyone on our walks.

Thank you for a wonderful stay (and a special thanks to Sokha, Nary and Nancy who were all lovely to chat to and great company whilst travelling, drinking cocktails or eating).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank remix8
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed in April at this hotel. After a couple of nights of going into Siem Reap to eat, we discovered the wonderful restaurant here. One night in particular was quite a magical atmosphere with the addition of a decorative fire burning outside and the beautiful candles (Saturday night I think). The food was all beautiful, the young people who work here also gracious, pleasant, friendly and lovely to talk to. Be warned that Cambodia has many large insects, thankfully that we only viewed on the outside walls of our room. The swimming pool was very relaxing to lounge around and I loved the swim-up bar. Only downside is that it is a bit outside of township and you need to order a tuk tuk or car which does cost. There are discounted rates in the evening however.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I am writing this review while still in the hotel, but I do not want to waste time to recommend this place.
If you prefer the large, big western style hotel chains, than this is not your place.
BUT, if you like a small, intimate and luxurious but not "in your face" hotel, with superfriendly and helpful staff, this is it.
The rooms (villas) are spacious with all the usual items and layout you would expect from a 4 or 5 star place (eg. free airport transportation, free wifi etc.).
Breakfast at first appears limited, but the choice of extra options cooked on demand are graet. The menu for lunch or dinner is very international, something for every different taste or style. We choose a few local asian options, that were great and very, very, reasonably priced!
Try the chicken satay, to die for......
The staff is a bunch of local youngsters who are always there to do whatever needs to be done to enhance your stay, never without a smile. The hotel chose to employ the locals from the Treak village nearby, and this seems to pay off perfectly.
And even if not everyone speaks fluent English, there is always a colleague closeby who does.

Yes, it is a little further from town, but I would not know one reason to stay nearer town in the first place. Hotel supplies transportation within 10 minutes, and your driver wil bring you where ever you wanna go.
The hotel has its own choice of daytrips and excursions with many different options.
Conclusion, when in Siem Reap, you know where to stay.

Room Tip: An actual preference is not necessary, rooms are all great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank EricM1964
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We loved Sojourn Villas. It is much smaller than I expected, with only about 10 villas all situated in well-kept gardens surrounding the pool. Each villa felt very private, but the resort was small enough to feel personal. The villas were great. Spacious, lovely bathrooms including gorgeous bath. It was great to cool off in the pool after some hard "temple-ing"! There were loungers and day beds around the pool, and the pool bar was excellent - excellent service and good snacks to keep us going until dinner. The best thing about Sojourn was the FOOD. It was the best we had in our entire trip to Cambodia and Vietnam - fresh herbs, vibrant flavours - I wish I could go back now for their Beef Koereng! Order a "Temple Pack" picnic lunch for days when you are off to temples or Lake Tonle Sap - delicious and so convenient. We were intending to do the meet-the-village walk, but we were there at the end of the Monsoon and it wasn't really possible due to flooding. The hotel will arrange any transport / tours you want - we had a driver for 4 days who took us to the temples, floating village etc. The only warning I would give is to be aware that this hotel is a long way from town - so if you are the sort that likes to wander into the town and come-and-go often, this may not be suitable. For us, the peaceful location and the fact we had the best restaurant in Indochina on-site meant it was perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family