“Excellent Guide!”

Angkor Guide Online Day Tours
Ranked #314 of 892 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you wish to visit Cambodia and in particular, the spectacular temples of Siem Reap, while discovering the local ways of life and venture into unique sights, avoiding the typical tourist traps? If this is the case, I am your guide. My name is Vanith Hoeum and it is here in Siem Reap where I was proudly born and have spent many years to provide exciting and amazing tours for independent adventurers In Siem Reap and around Cambodia. I am an Official Tour Guide licensed by the Ministry of tourism. University educated, I am fluent in English.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you want a tour guide who's professional, polite, has good spoken and written English, accommodating, has a great sense of humour, has a keen eye for taking great photos, an expert on the historical and political aspects of Cambodia, etc., look no further! All the rave reviews you read here about Vanith are spot on.During the 2 days' tour with him, I felt like I was shown around the sights of Siem Reap by a knowledgeable friend and not merely by a tour guide like the other tourists were. His personal stories on his growing up years and his family gave a great insight on the lives of the Cambodians then and now. Thank you, Vanith, for the fantastic time we had!

1  Thank pregobuzz

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I'm fr Malaysia and after doing some searches for guide, my friend & I decided Vanith to be our guide in Seam Reap (SP)...he didn't disappoint us :) I would say he's well verse with the history of this country, telling exciting stories in the past and current issues. I had great time visiting temples, watching locals catching red ants, cutting palm fruits along our way to temples, etc.

Vanith is always punctual, has sense of humour, likes to poke fun, thus, making my holidays fun...he took funny pics when the angle is right (you will know when u travel with him :) ). Weather is extremely hot in April, but no worry, his AC car is equipped with umbrellas and cool water at all times.

If you're travelling to SP, write to Vanith. You can use the ite as suggested by him, or tell him what your interest is. I would not recommend tourists to take tuk tuk to the temples as it is hot and dusty (unless you're in a very tight budget)...use a proper guide so they can explain to you things that you don't find in the books sometimes and also, travelling in an AC car is definitely much much better after hot day!

I hope to be able to visit SP again in future...btw, Khmer food is delicious...eat local food everyday, where possible...and hv a good cocktail/liqueur there..at a price you won't find in your country. Ask Vanith where to eat....fr Khmer food to fried red ants, tarantullas, insects :p

cheers..Wendy (Malaysia) - 13Apr-18Apr 2014

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I am from Canada and visited the temples of Siem Reap from 14 March to 16 March, 2014. If you have high standards and want professional service hire Vanith. I brought my spouse and 10 year old daughter. I decided to employ Vanith to tour us around, and would highly recommend you do the same. Prior to arriving in Cambodia, I communicated with Vanith by email. He was very prompt and professional, and communicated very well in English. As promised Vanith met us at the airport. He was very courteous and respectful of my family. On the drive to our hotel he answered all our questions and explained some of the sites we were passing. He helped us book into our nice hotel and we arranged that he would pick us up early the next morning to start touring. In consultation with Vanith we determined our itinerary and over the next three days Vanith guided us. During the tour Vanith taught us so much about the history of the area, and the history of the art at the temples. This was very interesting. Also we travelled in nice a/c van, which was a benefit. If we had requests, Vanith attempted to fulfill them. Vanith was patient with my daughter. Hiring Vanith is an efficient use of time, as he can organize getting you to the places you want to get to, without you having to spend precious time figuring out how to do it. Very reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I want to give a really big thumbs up to Vanith, who works for Angkor Guide Online for the wonderful tours he gave us on our recent trip, in March 2014, to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Vanith's tours were incredible, his knowledge of the temples we visited and the floating city were first rate. He picked us up in the morning, stayed with us through 5 days, brought us to the key tourist highlights in Siem Reap and to some excellent local places to eat and provided us with a great driver and SUV to travel to the various sites that we visited. I would strongly recommend using Vanith and his tour services if you are ever fortunate enough to visit the beautiful and very memorable Siem Reap area. His tours will make your visit even more memorable.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Vanith is an extremely professional guide who provides a thoughtful and thorough look into Cambodia's ancient treasures and current culture. Vanith amazed us with his knowledge of Cambodian history and explained the engineering and artistic feats behind the beautiful Angkorean temples very well. He also gave us delightful opportunities to learn more about Cambodia's food culture. For example, we had fun stopping in the countryside to see locals making palm sugar and to taste the delicious (and to us, exotic) palm fruit.

We were grateful that Vanith minimized our time stuck among other tourists and introduced us to some lovely, quiet corners of the Angkorean temple area. Vanith was also very patient while my husband, who is a professional photographer, lingered with his film cameras to photograph images off the beaten path.

Thank you to Vanith for enriching our trip to the Angkorean temples with his extensive knowledge and enthusiasm for Cambodia's history and culture!