“Flexible, friendly & knowledgeable guide”

Angkor Guide Online Day Tours
Ranked #269 of 957 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you wish to visit Cambodia and in particular, the spectacular temples of Siem Reap, while discovering the local ways of life and venture into unique sights, avoiding the typical tourist traps? If this is the case, I am your guide. My name is Vanith Hoeum and it is here in Siem Reap where I was proudly born and have spent many years to provide exciting and amazing tours for independent adventurers In Siem Reap and around Cambodia. I am an Official Tour Guide licensed by the Ministry of tourism. University educated, I am fluent in English.
Reviewed 29 March 2015

We spent 3 days with Vanith and his driver who gave us both a very good time. They were client oriented and Vanith knows a lot about the temples, where best to take pictures and to avoid crowds.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

I have got Vanith' s e -mail from a friend, who has been researching the internet for best guides in Seam Reap. He immediately replied to my request, and was very polite and available. He picked us up at the airport, and payed close attention to our preferences when proposing an itinerary. He was very flexible, and honest when explaining what is worth seeing, when and how. He is not only very knowledgable but also very sensitive, and accomodating to personal differences. He gave us great information when we were asking, but could also stay in the background and give us enough petsonal space and time when we needed it. As we had very little time his organisational skills were greatly appreciated - we never had to wait for the car, always had cold water and took us to the perfect restaurants for lunch. He also arranged a half day with a friend of his, when he was not availabla, who was equally good, and you could tell, that they had an excellent relationship and a similar style. if you would like to enjoy your time , learn a lot and have a fun guide, contact Vanith, he is a great one!

1  Thank szeva
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Vanith speaks good english and knowledgeable about places of interest. I just gave him the places that I would like to visit and he would come out with the itineraries and also a relax tour. He didnt mind to get wet with our photos taking near to the waterfall and got funny shots for us. He shared good angle photo taking during the monasteries tours. He is also humurous and my husband enjoyed his presence. Both of us enjoyed the time in Siem Reap and a pleasant trip.

2  Thank GSHIK
Reviewed 7 September 2014

My Dad enjoyed chatting with Vanith non stop as he is extremely knowledgeable and peppered the tour with his own experiences growing up.
Vanith was extremely flexible in swapping our itineraries around as my Mum was not feeling well and could only tour in the mornings. He was very honest about which temples were worth seeing more and which were more rigorous.
I selected Vanith out of the many guides purely based on the fact that he was involved in the Amazing Race (I'm a fan of the show) so I was amused when he showed me the spot where the contestants had to check in and I made him pose with me as if he were passing me a clue.
I highly recommend Vanith!

1  Thank trippy_galTokyo
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you want a tour guide who's professional, polite, has good spoken and written English, accommodating, has a great sense of humour, has a keen eye for taking great photos, an expert on the historical and political aspects of Cambodia, etc., look no further! All the rave reviews you read here about Vanith are spot on.During the 2 days' tour with him, I felt like I was shown around the sights of Siem Reap by a knowledgeable friend and not merely by a tour guide like the other tourists were. His personal stories on his growing up years and his family gave a great insight on the lives of the Cambodians then and now. Thank you, Vanith, for the fantastic time we had!

1  Thank pregobuzz