US$264
Hotels.com
US$184
US$170
Hotels.com
The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR(Siem Reap)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$80
US$60
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$199
US$160
The Privilege Floor by LOTUS BLANC(Siem Reap)
US$115
US$54
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$165
  • Pool
US$152
Lotus Blanc Resort(Siem Reap)
US$46
US$45
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$90
US$73
  • Breakfast included
US$48
US$40
  • Breakfast included
1,562 results
All reviewsla residencemartini barangkor watbeautiful hotelan oasispoolside roomthe general managerluxury hotelkhmer stylebeautiful poolturn down servicerooms are spacioustravel agentpool siderestaurant staffspa treatmentspub street
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I have written many hotel reviews for TripAdvisor which I consider fair assessments of my experiences as a paying guest; unfortunately I now submit my first ever 1* review (all my ratings of other reviewed hotels have ranged from 3* to 5*). We're your average mum, dad and child family who saved up and dropped a lot of coin on a trip from Aus to Asia and were really looking forward to our holiday. The Belmond La Residence D'Angkor is indisputably a beautiful hotel, an oasis in the still-developing and hectic city of Siem Reap. First impressions are fabulous and it is clear that the staff are well-trained in the hospitality industry. If you're staying for a couple of nights, you'll likely have a wonderful time and remember this place fondly (food is great; rooms are beautifully appointed and clean; turn-down service at night is a special treat; ambience is peaceful; staff are friendly and attentive; decadent spa on-site). The 5* reviews from many other travellers don't surprise me and I'm sure are reflective of their experience.

Stay for longer and you may start to notice some inconveniences that take the shine off a bit but probably won't affect a high review rating....(bed doesn't seem to be comfort zoned so a restless night for one means a restless night for two; nowhere to dry wet swimming gear or clothes that get soaked in the rain; no guest laundry and the hotel laundry service charges $30 per small bag (and that's apparently a special deal; commercial laundries on the street advertise $1 per kilo); exorbitant price for small soft drinks in the cocktail lounge (you can buy these cold at the local shops for 60c a can); a terrible and persistent smell in the lift after rainy weather; and for us, no porterage service at checkout. The prices are not unusual for high-end hotel chains and, as always, guests can choose to pay these if they wish or opt for cheaper off-site options for meals, drinks, laundry and spa services (also note that advertised prices at this hotel are subject to an additional 7.5% Service Charge and 10% Government Tax). As we had found an accounting discrepancy in our confirmation emails with the Belmond and our package supplier, we monitored our expenses carefully.

It all started well, but things went downhill fast for us when we were at the pool on our second day. A heavy potted plant that was partially submerged on the steps of the pool (but, as we now know, was not affixed or stabilized in any way....holy dooley!!) toppled in when our teenage son pushed off to swim underwater to the opposite side.....he was the only person in the pool at the time and immediately prior had been enjoying a quiet relax on the steps after having been asked by a pool attendant to take care around the pot (the staff member was right to be concerned about this pot!!). Despite doing everything possible to help rectify the situation (retrieving the pot and moving it to a safe area, collecting stones from the bottom of the pool, apologising to the pool attendants), we were subjected to being publicly berated by the General Manager and, in the same interaction. were falsely accused of causing a different pot to topple in the previous day. We did not know anything about a pot falling from the steps into the pool the day prior, which was the day we arrived, and told the manager this.....he seemed to find this incredulous (we didn't see any other children/teens in the complex during our stay.....perhaps he thought we were an easy target??) and persisted with his line of questioning before delivering a lecture about appropriate parental supervision (both parents were at the pool at the time; should we ever need parenting advice GM, we'll be sure to let you know!) Different countries no doubt have different standards of safety but clearly, heavy pots that are not affixed, top-heavy and tumble into pools are not a good or safe idea, regardless of how beautiful they may look. This was an accident waiting to happen and had it not happened to us, it would have happened to someone else (.....apparently it did, the day prior according to the GM.....so why was the known safety risk not proactively addressed and removed from the pool??) Suffice to say that the whole incident put a dampener on our holiday. Husband attended the cocktail event a couple of nights later and was greeted by the General Manager with, "I see you've brought the rain with you," before turning away and walking off (hmmmmmm.......exit stage left......I don't think I'm welcome here!) Also during our stay, a poolside tree uprooted and fell onto a deck chair (.....we were on the balcony of our room when this happened and no blame was apportioned our way for this one, but a safety audit of foliage in and around the pool area does sound like a great idea!!)

On our last morning, we sought to initiate contact with the General Manager to ensure that all was fine from his end and ours before we left, but were advised that he was absent due to a day off. We did, however, meet with the person in charge that day who organised, upon request, a printed copy of our invoice. We discovered then that we had been charged, without notification, a significant amount ($250 USD) for apparently breaking 2 pots, and cleaning fees (my husband would like his cut for the clean up thanks as he lead this!!) The person in charge tried his best to sort everything out for us, and did decrease the charge by 50% as we were not responsible for the first event. During our conversation we were told that the pots had only been placed on the pool step that week and that they were 'very special pots', hence the hefty price tag. He advised that the General Manager had been unable to be contacted by phone; we have since learned that the General Manager is also unresponsive to our email (.....looks like he's trying to dodge us.....we emailed our feedback survey over a week ago; there was provision in the survey for guests to request contact from the GM......haven't heard a peep.....). We are gobsmacked to have had these events unfold at a Belmond hotel.....a name synonymous with high standards and a price to match, but in this case, not high safety standards with regard to the pool (see attached verifying photos if you're similarly gobsmacked!).

Honourable people will do what they can to rectify and problem solve when unintentional incidents happen; it is inexcusable to make false accusations, publicly humiliate people and blatantly seek to capitalise beyond what is reasonable. It is also incumbent on hotels to provide safe environments.....consider the worst case scenario of a heavy pot toppling onto somebody in a pool.....not good. We now refer to our Cambodia holiday as our Scambodia holiday. So it's a resounding 1* from me, and unless guests can guarantee themselves an incident-free stay (which from my experience may be a risky exercise !!), I cannot recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Karen B
Thomas H, General Manager at Belmond La Residence d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Karen B

Thank you for your long and detailed review

While we obviously appreciate receiving constructive feedback in any form it is always nice to receive this while on property since we did meet several times and I spoke to your husband just 2 nights before you checked out.

After the first incident involving your son and the breakage in the Pool was reported to me I did not think it was necessary reminding you that parents are responsible for their kids, you did come across as responsible parents after we first met and chatted during the Managers Cocktail, hence I left it there.

When it was reported to me that the same incident happened again the very following day I started to be concerned about the safety of your son and our other guests and hence went to speak with you at the Poolside.

I appreciate that this marred your experience with us and your stay but surely this can't be blamed on the Hotel or the Manager.

We took good note on your other comments regarding the laundry and drink prices and can assure you that they are in line with any Hotel of this standing and appreciate that you can find better deals outside the Hotel, no question about that.

Last but not least we would be pleased to welcome you back at any time for an incident free stay enjoying true Belmond and Khmer Hospitality.

Should you like to discuss your experience further feel free to mail me directly at thomas.henseler@belmond.com

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Few hotels I have been I felt so much harmony, elegance and light. Like a zen temple. Wonderful, discreet attention from all the staff.
Comfortable, elegant rooms with everything one need
Huge choice at the breakfast, wonderful staff
Good central location - walking distance to the markets - altough I highly recomend Artinsans d'Angkor - either the shop at the hotel or go to the factory in Siem Reap. As usual, Bemond is some of the finer products in the tourism industry - wherever there is a Belmond, I stay with them. It's art - from A - Z. Thanks to all of you at Résidence d'Angkor.

Room Tip: I think, the rooms near the pool area are quieter - before you arrive, send a mail to the hotel they respond quick.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank andrejoho

Dear andrejoho,

What a wonderful review, I am delighted that you were able to appreciate the art of Belmond. It's great to know that our team looked after you so well and that you were comfortable in your suite. I do also agree that Artisans d'Angkor offer some of the best shopping in town.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Siem Reap.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

this was a fantastic property very close to the main market. Looked like a resort with warm friendly service and very good facilities, Regretably stayed only for one night! spacious well stocked rooms, overlooking the pool, very good restaurants and bar.good food, and friendly and fast service. did not leave anything to be desired!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Thomas H, General Manager at Belmond La Residence d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear loonytraveller,

Thank you for your great review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. One night is certainly not enough though and we hope to welcome you back next time for a longer stay at Belmond La Residence d'Angkor.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

A true luxury hotel with a great location.
Amazing service start from the check in , to the concierge (Eal) that book us everything (trips , restaurants, Meditation.....
The spa have the best massage in the east and we used it everyday.
The restaurant is very tasty and the GM is very welcoming with an evening cocktail for guests.
The rooms are really big with espresso machine and everything you could expect from a western luxury hotel .
We also enjoyed the pool that is really unique.
I strongly recommend it!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Thomas H, General Manager at Belmond La Residence d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear YHZTelAviv,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for strongly recommending our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of Belmond La Residence d'Angkor including our restaurants, pool and Kong Kea Spa.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us again on your next visit to Cambodia.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We loved the exotic ambience of this small hotel. The service was excellent and the food was great! They had the most delicious breakfast pastries... I suggest that you indulge and eat them! They fire up huge grills at dinner time and cook Cambodian barbecue style, which was also delicious.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Thomas H, General Manager at Belmond La Residence d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear deborahf26,

What a fantastic review and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It's great to know that you enjoyed the exotic atmosphere at Belmond La Residence d'Angkor. Thank you also for the great comments about our food offerings, I have to agree that the breakfast pastries are some of the very best in town and our pastry chef does a great job.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Siem Reap.