Le Meridien Angkor
Hotels.com
US$113
US$78
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$65
US$189
US$172
Priceline
3,492 results
All reviewsle meridiennaga barspg memberfood factoryangkor watspg pointslobby loungeclosest hoteltuk tuktour deskbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelspecial thanksswimming pooldeluxe roompub streetwelcome drink
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in March and although on entering the hotel it seemed beautiful we soon felt let down as it seemed to have no soul. It was bland and boring. The room was nice and very spacious so we could not fault it in that way however our dining experience in L'Angelo left a lot to be desired. Four of us went their for dinner and all found the food barely edible. We came out hungry and would not recommend this chefs interpretation of Italian food to anyone. We spoke with some other diners and the only positive comments were that the pizzas were ok. Will never eat here again and there are many nicer hotels in the area

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I will have to agree with the crowd, the beds are so hard! They are huge, but oh so hard! When people say it feels like you're sleeping on the hardwood floor, its the truth. We were there in May which was extremely humid, and seeing the temples we would come home exhausted and were just grateful for a shower and a cold room, the bed didn't even matter at that point. Everything else about the hotel was spectacular. We love that they have a wing for Starwood Preferred Guests which keeps you away from the massive tour groups. We stayed in the premium rooms which were very large and we loved the layout. The rooms were quiet, and the air conditioner worked wonderfully and quietly. They were renovating the pool while we were there, so they had a courtesy shuttle that took you to the nearby Sofitel to use their pool. AMAZING! We considered postponing the rest of our trip just to enjoy that pool (see Sofitel review). We did not have breakfast at the hotel, since we were up seeing temples daily from 5-11, but we did order room service one night which was pretty good. It may seem expensive compared to what you would pay in town, but it's still reasonable, about $10. We had good internet access in the lobby, and there were always people hanging in the lobby on the internet, which made it fun to be with other guests and not locked in the room. The staff though, were amazing. They really are the friendliest people, and they were so helpful with EVERYTHING. And we loved that they called the tuk-tuks and negotiated the priced for us. They give you a booklet upon arrival which has a list of restaurants and that's how we chose where to eat, and they were all delicious! We especially loved Curry Walla and Cafe Moi Moi (which is down the street a little ways). Overall, we loved our stay and LOVE CAMBODIA!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The hotel, lobby and manicured grounds are on a grand scale. The room, which was booked at the lowest rate with breakfast, was large with king bed, sofa, dresser/desk and full bath on the front side of the hotel, however, the quality of the room did not quite match the surroundings. A western/asian buffet as well as ala carte dining is available for all meals. The concierge and other staff members are outstanding. Email the hotel and the options for viewing the temples with a guide/car, together with transfers from the airport will be sent with the very reasonable prices. The desk clerk can provide a password for free internet in the lobby. The Angkor Wat complex provides a world-class experience and staying at the Le Meridian will definitely enhance that experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jfoote
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed three nights at the Le Meridien Angkor in April. After some research online, this is probably the best relaxing hotel that makes my trip to Angkor Wat a pleasant experience. The smile from all the front desk personnel helped me to cut down my anxiety since this is my first time to Cambodia. My room was exactly what I requested when I reserved online. The hotel even left a small plate of fruit for their guest. The staffs at the breakfast buffet were extremely friendly. Little that I knew my last day there was actually the Cambodian New Year. I even had a chance to enjoy the special Cambodian New Year set meal before I left for the airport. I will recommend everyone to stay there if they are planning to visit Angkor Wat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 3 May 2012

It's situated at the end of town en route to the main attraction: Siem Reap. I am doing a bicycle trip and needed extreme pampering, and got it, almost without fault. Language and training are the big issues here in Cambodia, but the people are sweet as pie and have hearts of gold. Room service was my main staple and always good.

Room Tip: SPG is the way to go. Get a suite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo