See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

My room was run down. Years of water spilling over from the bathroom had turned the rug moldy. The room was overpriced but I don't think there was any price I would have been happy. The included breakfast was ok but nothing special. The reception was friendly but could not make up for the room condition.

Stayed: April 2015
1  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 27 March 2015

If you like being right on the beach and going to sleep to the sound of the surf, this is great. Room nice and spacious with place to work (free WiFi) although had to change rooms when aircon didn't work in first room. Kitchen was also undergoing some refurbishment so meals not available one day and limited the next but the ice-cream was fine! Pool ladder was not very safe and only other exit via steps which were not so good with a knee problem. Access to the excellent beach promenade and the beach - lovely watching people walking, jogging and cycling past.

Room Tip: Obviously with a sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Gail T
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I wanted a 'better' hotel than Arica Hotel that I used a few days previously, big mistake.
I write this from the restaurant where I feel I am intruding, staff cannot concentrate on Facebook when residents drop in!
I wanted a light lunch with a couple of beers but was offered a 3 course 'executive' menu, the only food available. After a visit to reception I managed to get ceviche priced from the a la carte menu which I was assured would be available in the evening but have now been given another 3 course 'executive' menu, take it or leave it! I took it and the food was mediocre.
There is a notice in the restaurant (in Spanish only) which advises of restoration in the kitchen and apologises for noise but there is no apology for the food.
The room has a better standard of fittings than Arica Hotel but I will go back there for welcoming, more friendly staff, better service and much better food.

Room Tip: A different hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank NS_at_AP
Reviewed 28 January 2015

The location of the hotel is very good, being on the beach. The rooms are large but they are showing their age. The first room we had, had an extremely noisily airco unit. Changed to another room where it was fine, however, I am sure that we were not the first to complain about the unit. they really need to do some work on the place. The room was adequate. Buffet breakfast was fine. They do have a restaurant for other meals but both service and food is lack-luster. If I went back I would certainly go to another hotel

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Art H
Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

Hotel is located right on the beach with lovely views from the room however you will need to take a taxi into town (about £2 each way) and the staff especially in the restaurant are very unfriendly!! Overall nice hotel but not much personality and you get the feeling the restaurant staff are glad to see the back of you!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple