Diego de Almagro
US$79
US$53
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This hotel does have some advantages. It is located on the coast away from the noisy center of Arica. It also has relatively large rooms. The breakfast buffet is acceptable. However, there are some negatives. The air conditioners are starting to show their age as well as some of the doors to the rooms. The showers almost always wet the floor because of the design of the shower doors. On this trip the lavatory trap in my room was leaking. However, over the years I have found that is meets my needs better than others where I have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Good 4*: beach-front located, direct access to boardwalk, good restaurant and breakfast options, equipped with a functional pool and gym. Walking distance from other restaurants and pubs located on beach front.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I visit this hotel for business reasons. In my opinion, this place has many positive points: good service standard, hotel restaurant for all meals, closeness to airport and restaurants cluster and excellent sunset views! I also appreciated that booking could be done by phone a couple of hours before arrival. I think this hotel can improve the billing process and restaurant payment procedure (only available on main desk). In addition, taxi availability is few and frequency is really slow. However, this is an external service to the hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

In short: we stayed one night in Arica on our way to San Pedro and we decided to book a hotel close to the beach, relatively expensive, but that is normal for a business hotel. Calculating the services, if they were there....

WiFi is extremely slow, if you do not want to use it too much it is a pity that even then it takes more time than you want, or even not functions.

Smell of the kitchen in the room and bath room. After 1830 the smell kf the kitchen reached our room, horrible smell. We slept at the 7th floor.

We were really disappointed, the kitchen and menu is very basic (under avarage), breakfast is OK.

The pool was 'under construction', so the amenities or facilities were close to zero.

Only positive thing we can find is the view from the room, overlooking the ocean and if you are in the hotel it is nice to see the sunset.

At last they also double charged costs for a late check out, and the lady did not know how to solve it, so checking out took at least 10 minutes.

No question asked how our stay was, and as the check out took too long, we have not been able to report our findings at the reception. We just wanted to leave Diego de Almagre.

I would not recommend this, especiqlly not for 160 USD! Take a nice hostel or so, where you probably get more value for money and service.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2016

good place to stay at Arica. Services, location (very close to the beach), breakfast also delicious... My refrigerator was not workning and the staff promptly changed my room.. no problems at all.. recommended!!!

Room Tip: select a room with ocean view!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business