“Best restaurant ever in Puerto Natales”

Cormoran de Las Rocas
Ranked #21 of 107 Restaurants in Puerto Natales
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Superb dishes using local food in a very nice restaurant. Ask for sea food risoto, or the congrio al pesto. If you are really hungry ask for grilled octopus as an appetizer.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We went to Cormoran de las Rocas on the advice of our B&B host, who was kind enough to make a reservation for us as it was Saturday evening and we had no reservation. The dining room was pretty empty by 9pm anyways.

The dinning room and view were very nice. I ordered panko breaded fish (a very common fish in South America that I had tasted many times before), but this one was as bland as it comes. No taste at all.

When the waiter asked me if I liked the place, I couldn't help it but mention that it was very bland. He answered this is a common complaint because that's the way this fish tastes in Patagonia. Too bad, had I known, I would have ordered something different.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed the variety of foods and attention to freshness - desserts were outstanding- service was excellent

Reviewed 7 December 2016

The view is great over the waters and bay. Attentive service and good standard fare. Good place to end the day.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

If you end up in Puerto Natales, and you surely will if you plan to hike in Torres del Paine, visit this restaurant. Food is excellent and the views over the bay are breathtaking. My impressions is clouded by service, that was more or less confused, the waiter broke the glass in front of me and the glass split over the place with some pieces dangerously flying in the level of my head. It could happen, of course, but the waiter didn´t say anything like "sorry" or whatsoever. I am on lacto and gluten free diet, therefore they had problem with identifying what ingredients are in rissotto (there shouldn´t be any milk, just white wine). But then they managed to resolve this problem and everything was fine. We also asked if they can pack some boiled rice with us in thermos (for next day hiking), and it was not a problem. Seafish was very tasty. Also the wine selected was great. Therefore my overall impression is positive, since I am little bit wierd person and I can understand that it such countries these specific diets can cause problem.