Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2012

reserved a common room n' received a very big n' nice room with a huge glass wall to view

clean n' well maintained

a bath tub would be useful

bell man wasn't so helpful when arriving but OK when leaving

Room tip: ask for the round windows corner rooms
Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank koshsultant
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed at Holiday Inn Downtown Hefei for six nights. It is a great property which offers easy walking access to the key sites in Hefei (Memorial to Lord Bao; Mingjiao Temple; Former Residence of Li Hongzhang) as well as the Peace Square, Wanda Plaza shopping center, Parksons shopping mall and the “walking street” (a pedestrian walkway filled with shops and various street vendors).

We booked an Executive Club room and being IHG platinum we were upgraded to a beautiful two-room suite. It offered great views of the surrounding area. A new complex is being built across the street so that may ultimately impair some of the views. The room furnishings were very nice and included two huge flat-screen TVs as well as a mini-bar, water boiler and complimentary tea and coffee.

We enjoyed the hospitality of the Executive Club lounge both in the afternoons and evenings. In the afternoon, it was a great place to relax and enjoy a cold beverage while snacking on peanuts that were grown in the area. Cookies also were available. In the evenings, there was a complimentary full bar (with top-label liquors as well as beers and wines) from 6:00PM – 7:30PM. You serve yourself or a staff member will gladly make the beverage of your choice. Since our stay was during the National Days holidays, the Club did not have its usual evening snack buffet. Instead, we were given a great appetizer menu from which to choose a variety of delicious dishes – hot and cold – which were then sent up from the restaurant. All staff members were excellent and truly made us feel welcome; in fact, like we were family! We enjoyed meeting and chatting with each of Susan, Connie and Elena. They were all very professional and friendly and each spoke excellent English (as did many other staff members).

The breakfast buffet at Sirocco was excellent! Mr. Li and his chefs and wait staff do a terrific job. The restaurant features both Chinese and Western dishes. We especially enjoyed the noodle soup, prepared to order, each morning. The other dishes were all hot and tasty and were constantly replenished. Also, there was a great variety of fresh fruits as well as delicious breads and deserts. Mr. Li personally delivered fresh fruits to our room along with cookies and chocolates. Talk about truly personalized service!

Hefei doesn’t yet receive a large number of Western tourists so it was nice to be off the beaten path. People on the streets are very friendly and genuinely excited to meet Westerners – especially from America – and often asked us to pose for photographs with them. While we don’t speak any Chinese and most people don’t speak English (outside of the hotel), gestures and smiles go a long, long way.

We’re definitely looking forward to returning to the Holiday Inn Downtown Hefei again soon!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindy R
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Nice hotel with good service. It is obvious that the management takes care of the hotel by walking around. General Manager, Bala Krishnan welcomed me on arrival and we met Bala on numerous occasions and became friends during my visit. He even asked me to call him by his nickname "stretch".
I will return again just to meet Bala.

Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank AlfieShenzhen
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I was in Hefei for business and stayed here for 6 nights. I was impressed with my room, which was very spacious and clean. Service was efficient and friendly, particularly in the restaurant area. The restaurant offers a buffet which is quite good, offering a lot of choice. Included in the price is use of the gym and free internet. I would be happy to stay here again should I be in Hefei on business again.

Room tip: Choose a room on the upper floors because they are quieter.
Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank HelenK_10
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Upon checking out I found from front desk that I could book air-ticket from their business center. Big mistake.
After booking and paying for air-ticket I actually stayed an extra 10 minutes to play with my mobile phone. Business center called me 3 times, twice while I was waiting to flag down taxi and once while I was already in the taxi.
First round, was ready to step into taxi when porter asked me to take call in lobby. Biz center wanted to know whether it was okay if flight was re-scheduled. As there was only 1 daily flight from Hefei to Tianjin I really do not know whether it mattered.
Second round, just 1 minute after 1st call I was called back to Biz center because the price changed. Apparently, the price that appeared on website is no longer available. Okay, such things happens. Paid the difference and voiced my unhappiness.
Third round, half-way to park Biz center called again. The travel agency they used over-charged me by RMB90 and wondered whether I could return to claim the money. The return trip would cost me RMB60 so I said "NO!".
Biz center offered 2 alternatives. I can claim money on my next trip which was not feasible as this was one-time trip. Alternatively, they could send someone to the park which was equally stupid. Either I wait for the courier or walk back to the entrance of the park when he/she arrived.
No choice but to ask them to donate the money to charity.

Date of stay: October 2010