Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Lol.travel
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed in this property as I need a Hotel well located in Hefei for one night stay. Therefore location was convenient and not far from a big shopping mall (Wanda Plaza). Room was fine and service most of time was good. Breakfast was also fine, although as expected mostly with local food. However, the worst part was a shameful internet connection that didn´t let me download mails the whole evening. I only could do that at 5am when I woke up, so it was very clear that this Hotel does not have a proper internet service for guests, so if you travel for business, it will be better to look for other Hotels in the city as I will also do myself if I have to come back to Hefei.

Date of stay: June 2014
2  Thank Prayanak
Grace L, Public Relations Manager at Haihui Hotel Hefei Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.
We are very sorry that you experienced inconvenience due to the internet aonnection problem. Rest assured that we are looking into the internet service system, ensuring that we address and improve the necessary experience while staying with us.
We hope you'd give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

reserved a common room n' received a very big n' nice room with a huge glass wall to view

clean n' well maintained

a bath tub would be useful

bell man wasn't so helpful when arriving but OK when leaving

Room tip: ask for the round windows corner rooms
Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank koshsultant
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed at Holiday Inn Downtown Hefei for six nights. It is a great property which offers easy walking access to the key sites in Hefei (Memorial to Lord Bao; Mingjiao Temple; Former Residence of Li Hongzhang) as well as the Peace Square, Wanda Plaza shopping center, Parksons shopping mall and the “walking street” (a pedestrian walkway filled with shops and various street vendors).

We booked an Executive Club room and being IHG platinum we were upgraded to a beautiful two-room suite. It offered great views of the surrounding area. A new complex is being built across the street so that may ultimately impair some of the views. The room furnishings were very nice and included two huge flat-screen TVs as well as a mini-bar, water boiler and complimentary tea and coffee.

We enjoyed the hospitality of the Executive Club lounge both in the afternoons and evenings. In the afternoon, it was a great place to relax and enjoy a cold beverage while snacking on peanuts that were grown in the area. Cookies also were available. In the evenings, there was a complimentary full bar (with top-label liquors as well as beers and wines) from 6:00PM – 7:30PM. You serve yourself or a staff member will gladly make the beverage of your choice. Since our stay was during the National Days holidays, the Club did not have its usual evening snack buffet. Instead, we were given a great appetizer menu from which to choose a variety of delicious dishes – hot and cold – which were then sent up from the restaurant. All staff members were excellent and truly made us feel welcome; in fact, like we were family! We enjoyed meeting and chatting with each of Susan, Connie and Elena. They were all very professional and friendly and each spoke excellent English (as did many other staff members).

The breakfast buffet at Sirocco was excellent! Mr. Li and his chefs and wait staff do a terrific job. The restaurant features both Chinese and Western dishes. We especially enjoyed the noodle soup, prepared to order, each morning. The other dishes were all hot and tasty and were constantly replenished. Also, there was a great variety of fresh fruits as well as delicious breads and deserts. Mr. Li personally delivered fresh fruits to our room along with cookies and chocolates. Talk about truly personalized service!

Hefei doesn’t yet receive a large number of Western tourists so it was nice to be off the beaten path. People on the streets are very friendly and genuinely excited to meet Westerners – especially from America – and often asked us to pose for photographs with them. While we don’t speak any Chinese and most people don’t speak English (outside of the hotel), gestures and smiles go a long, long way.

We’re definitely looking forward to returning to the Holiday Inn Downtown Hefei again soon!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindy R
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Nice hotel with good service. It is obvious that the management takes care of the hotel by walking around. General Manager, Bala Krishnan welcomed me on arrival and we met Bala on numerous occasions and became friends during my visit. He even asked me to call him by his nickname "stretch".
I will return again just to meet Bala.

Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank AlfieShenzhen
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I was in Hefei for business and stayed here for 6 nights. I was impressed with my room, which was very spacious and clean. Service was efficient and friendly, particularly in the restaurant area. The restaurant offers a buffet which is quite good, offering a lot of choice. Included in the price is use of the gym and free internet. I would be happy to stay here again should I be in Hefei on business again.

Room tip: Choose a room on the upper floors because they are quieter.
Date of stay: October 2011