Vio.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2017

This has now firmly established itself as "my" Hefei hotel. Prices are good and service, facilities etc are top rate. I visited twice in 17 days, both times booking an executive room.

Sirocco restaurant on the 2nd floor offers a good western breakfast always and in the evenings for 138 yuan a head there is an all you can eat and all the beer (bottled) you can drink buffet. This buffet is heaven for shellfish lovers - there are many types on offer and at intervals a "cowboy" comes around offering various barbecued meats. Any trencherman would not be disappointed.

The rooms are excellent and offer every toiletry you could need, including probably the best hotel disposable razors I have ever encountered.

My only gripe concerns the executive lounge. I pay extra not because i need a bigger room but for the inclusive breakfast and complimentary drinks in the early evening. The range of drinks is limited to whisky, bourbon, vodka, cognac and Kahlua (who the hell drinks that??) and yet my tipple is gin. They have none, which for me is disappointing, I rarely have chance to have a G&T in China.

The complimentary snacks, amazingly, comprise a selection of biscuits. That's it. Sometimes if you are not that hungry, in a good executive lounge you can dine purely on snacks such as chicken wings, pasta bolognese etc but not here.

If Holiday Inn's GM sorts out the executive lounge drink selection and lays on some actual food the place would be paradise. It remains however, "my" Hefei hotel.

Room tip: Executive floors are quiet.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night in this hotel, Utilised room and breakfast, had a drink at the lobby bar

Room - good sized, came with water and free amenities. Problem is air quality, the party that booked for me booked smoking room and they ran out non-smoking rooms, so I had to accept a smoking room.

Breakfast- boring and does not feel like international quality, feels very local

Service - front desk feels very local and not too friendly

Internet - worked okay

Lobby bar - a lot of smokers, air quality was bad

Overall this hotel feels very local. Rates are low but will not want to return.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This used to be swiss hotel but now it's newly renovated holiday inn express. The front desk can speak good English, good enough to communicate. Our room was surprisingly no cigar smell although we asked for a non-smoking room we knew there is no such room as "non-smoking" in China! It was well deodorised and fumigated. Breakfast is just a typical chinese food but they have milk and cereals and bread.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kalimay
Grace L, Public Relations Manager at Haihui Hotel Hefei Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Hefei Downtown.
We are very glad to know that our staff service, room facilities and breakfast helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to your continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 August 2015

I thought I had booked the other Holiday Inn in Hefei but found the taxi taking ,me here. Having returned mainly for the breakfast I was not pleased to learn this one didn't know what French toast was, let alone offer it.

I requested they booked me into the one I intended (which they were willing to do) and the girl on reception asked me to spell what I wanted then disappeared. She came back to tell me they couldn't do maple syrup but the chef would cook the French toast for breakfast and give us honey. She put on such a disconsolate face that I had to relent. We stayed.

As so often happens in life, unexpected surprises arise from errors. This was one of the best. I think we were upgraded to executive because the room was on the 23rd floor and was enormous. The entire hotel is spotless and the toiletries more than ample, in fact the disposable razor was the best i have ever had in any hotel. Most attempt to tear your facial skin off but I swear this could be used twice. There was HBO for western films on the TV along with BBC news - and a stocked minibar!

Aircon worked very well and there was little to noise to disturb sleep. As a smoker it was a boon to be able to light up in the lobby bar and also a section of the restaurant. The staff mostly spoke reasonable English and they were very keen to please.

In the morning we went down for breakfast and there was a substantial array of food for both eastern and western guests and voila! A plate full of French toast and honey was produced - the chef had even made some for any other guests who fancied it. Maybe it will become a regular feature.

In conclusion, I have no compunction in recommending this hotel to any visitor to Hefei. Wonderful staff and reasonably priced. I think both the Holiday Inns try to outshine the other and there is little to differentiate but as an inveterate smoker this one pips the other.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Grace L, Public Relations Manager at Haihui Hotel Hefei Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Hefei Downtown.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, foods and room facilities made your stay experience more memorable. Your encouraging review will help us constantly to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 September 2014

I will definitely be back because of the staff, although their english is poor, who is friendly. There are 2 lady staffers can speak good english. I forgot their names. Room is great with big window and at anytime, you can have good chat with the staff or bala. Hefei itself is terrible but the hotel make my day that i could enjoy more than going outside. Danny

Date of stay: August 2014
3  Thank Dannyngdan
Grace L, Public Relations Manager at Haihui Hotel Hefei Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Guest,
We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.
Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!