Lowest prices for your stay
US$64
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
FindHotelUS$52
eDreamsUS$64
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I stayed in the Howard Johnson TCP Hefei in January 2018
The hotel is not a new hotel but a re-branded older Chines hotel
The hotel is located in a typical local residential area and there are no local restaurants for western style dining
Taxis must be taken to shopping malls for any western eateries or bars
The bedrooms are clean and have all necessary amenities
The reception area is clean
The staff are all very friendly, but English speaking is limited
Special thanks during my stay to Supervisor, Julie, Concierge, Richard and Reception Paul, who all have good English understanding and were very helpful
The hotel does not really have a bar area and any drinks after 22:00 are difficult to get
There is an Executive lounge from 17:00 to 22:00 but this is just over heated food, stale cakes and sandwiches and limited beer and soft drinks, some spirits but not always replenished from day to day
The restaurant for breakfast is clean, the food is 95% Chinese based, western style food for breakfast is very limited to, cereal, bread based, and toast, some bacon and fried egg, also omelette
I requested scrambled and poached egg many times but when received it was still fried egg.
Poached egg is common in Chinese hotels, but unfortunately I had to give up my quest to get a poached egg for breakfast at the Howard Johnson
Evening meal at the hotel, was in same restaurant, buffet or a l`carte neither of which was particularly good.
2 times during my stay I was not able to eat at the hotel as the restaurant had no food !!
I would recommend any western visitors to find an alternative hotel for your stay

Room tip: rooms in a different hotel are better
Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank logbaba2009
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I stayed here for 1 night on business. I have never stayed at a Howard Johnson hotel and my colleague had booked this for me so I didn't know what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised. It is up to standard with clean rooms and comfortable beds. The staff were friendly. Wifi works well.

While we were here, there was a large conference happening so it was quite busy. This meant a busy breakfast time but it wasn't overcrowded and I think they set out more food for people. It is more of a Chinese style breakfast since I would guess the guest profile might tend to be more Chinese visitors. But it was ok overall and I definitely found food I am happy to eat.

We also ate in their restaurant on the second floor in the evening. I was with my Chinese colleague who knew what was good to order and also what to avoid ordering for someone who usually only eats westernized Chinese food, so it was pretty good good in general.

I can recommend this hotel. It is more in their tech part of the city so if you are visiting this part of the city, it might also be a convenient location. I had a good stay.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Breakfast was not great at this hotel, & needs a LOT of improvement. There was a large group of us and everyone also complained about the quality of the Room Service. No Western food is available anywhere on foot but luckily the Wanda Plaza is less than 10mins away by taxi, which is a great mall with all the big chains including well-priced & high quality Chinese & Japanese food options. There's also a cinema with English movies. I would not consider this a fancy or high-end hotel at all, but it's perfect for a short business trip & the staff are super sweet.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2016

From the last two years i am staying in this hotel.It is good , very clean. Staff is very cooperative. Service is very good. Only little high price. room are spacious with good ac. In hefei like this property is a big deal.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Service here is great. If you have any issues or concerns they help you out.

I can speak some Chinese, enough to get by, but it can be a bit tough if you do not. Although front desk always has somebody who speaks English.

Room: Room is great, I got put on the 18th floor so there is a decent view. The bath and shower are great, and the room is kept clean.

Overall, good if you need to be in this area of Hefei. I was here on business and the company office I go to is right next to the Howard Johnson. If you are near downtown, there may be some other choices at a similar price point.

Date of stay: May 2016