Lowest prices for your stay
US$106
Hotels.com
US$106
Trip.com
US$103
PricelineUS$106
TravelocityUS$106
Booking.comUS$106
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2019 via mobile

I gave 3 stars for the overall comfort. I have stayed in rooms that are larger and where I received more personalized service in Hefei. Props to the English language skills...they have been hit and miss here, and right now, they appear to be hitting.

But, I am a business traveller and if I were to rate on my ability to get work done, I would be giving one star only. The WiFi is horrible...there is no other word for it. I am halfway thru a 6 day stay and it has taken me 2, sometimes 3 times the normal time to accomplish anything. When I go to sleep, it's a comfortable sleep... but I get far less sleep because I cant get work done while waiting for the darn WiFi to work.

And, I don't normally get caught up in the "poor upgrade" commentary, but I will say that as an Elite member, the upgraded room I was given doesnt seem like one. I have stayed here multiple times before, and I am in the smallest room I have stayed in. I brush against the desk everytime I get out of bed and walk toward the door.

I would recommend the Crowne Plaza for those English speakers with higher expectations. The food menu isnt as good, but it is within walking distance to a better selection of restaurants, the rooms are bigger and the WiFi works.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Westin03542, 企业 at The Westin Hefei Baohe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2019

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experience. We deeply regret the impression you received was far from the standard and the expectations we have set for ourselves. Your valued feedback is much appreciated and helps us to further enhance our service and product to improve guests’ experience.
We would like the chance to welcome you back and show you what we have changed someday soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2019 via mobile

As am royal member and a status of ambassador elite, this hotel do even bother to upgrade to a suit room, even though, it is a low season period.

Overall, the hotel has a good location, as it is convenience for moving around the city. The problem I face is that the internet is very slow and keep dropping out from VPN, as I need to use it for work purposes.

Still do some research and planning to move to another hotel if possible.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Westin03542, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Hefei Baohe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

“Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and spending the time to share your comments on the website. At the same time, We attach great importance to your comments and suggestions,And make improvements.We are more than happy to provide our valuable customers like you with our high quality and customized services, and to continually assist in your renewing experience. Warm Tip:If you have any questions during the Hotel,You may dial 0 to call the Hotel Guest Service Manager to help you. Thank you again for choosing The Westin Hefei Baohe and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.”

Reviewed 12 July 2019 via mobile

Right in front of Wanda Shopping complex and IMAX cinema. Very convenient. Also beautiful Load Bao Park where a lot of locals gathering day and night. Good view of the park from the rooms facing to the park.

Date of stay: July 2019
5  Thank HappyDragon0201

“Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and spending the time to share your comments on the website. We are more than happy to provide our valuable customers like you with our high quality and customized services, and to continually assist in your renewing experience. Thank you again for choosing The Westin Hefei Baohe and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.”

Reviewed 2 July 2019

Frankly, surprised by all the excellent reviews. This is very much a Chinese, rather than international standard, Westin.

Superficially, it looks nice. Great location near a mall and pretty park with lake and temple.

Rooms are acceptable but without great toiletries. In fact, they forgot several in my room.

I believe it is a mistake that the club lounge is off the lobby since they have turned the actual upstairs lounge into a restaurant. The room has a very dark, boxed-in feel. You eat and get out. Not nice enough to linger. The beautiful upstairs' lounge is open in the morning for breakfast. Really loved the view of the park and temple.

The pool is smallish and locker room not on a par with some other Westin properties in China (granted, it's a high standard with all the new hotels). Private massage spa is good for the price - in room or in spa.

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank NoGoGuy
Climber56331622236, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Hefei Baohe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

Reviewed 30 April 2019

Hi, I am currently serving a long-term work assignment in Hefei. This is the 2nd long term assignment in Hefei, China. I have currently been located in Baohe Westin Hotel for about a year. I am very fortunate with my company supporting a Suite Room at the hotel. The hotel has been very accommodating with the upgrades to the suite, starting with adding a washer/dryer all in one, and a small kitchenette with large refrigerator. The room is ample size, with an amazing bathroom. I have a large spacious living area with a high-rise view. I can not speak highly enough about the staff friendliness and professionalism. If I have a request for about anything, they will try and help solve it. A couple of examples mailing a letter to the US. They were more than helpful with me going thru this process. Requesting space for company companionship has always been accommodating. This is truly a 5 star staff, I really appreciate having the ability to get train tickets picked up prior to departing. If you have ever traveled in China, you know the pain of waiting in line to pick up your ticket at the foreigner window. The frustrations of people cutting, smoking, pushing is annoying. As I stated, the staff was more than willing to go and retrieve my tickets. I just need to pay their taxi fee, which I was more than willing to pay. If you plan to stay at this hotel, I would recommend trying to get a high level West facing view. South/West is Baohe park, which is very convenient to the hotel. You can walk out of the hotel and walk around the park without even interacting with the road. It is roughly a 5k loop. One other highlight, I have been here for a year and the breakfast is still good. There are a ton of options and for the most part consistent. A few of the negatives, this is a Chinese hotel there will be smoking within the hotel. It is just part of the culture which is slowly changing, but it is something that can not change over night. Therefore they have ash trays, no matter what you do you will have smoking by some guests, it is better to capture the rubbish rather than it being on the ground/in the elevator/in the public sinks/toilets. The suite is great as I stated before, the couch could use some improving on comfort. Internet bandwidth could be increased, or it may be a Chinese censorship issue, not sure. They do have an onsite gym and indoor pool. The pool is huge and very clean. The gym is a little small and usually crowded after work. Being a long term guest I have the option to join a local gym across the street so that solved that issue. THe gym is technically staffed at 6:00 AM but with a room card you can gain access any time. Overall this is a 5 star hotel located in the business center of Hefei. It is convenient walking distance to two malls, walking street, and parks. There a bunch of restaurants in the vicinity varying from Japanese / Chinese / German. No shortage of food options.

Room tip: Choose the West Side of Hotel for the best view of Hefei
Date of stay: July 2018