Lowest prices for your stay
HolidayInn.com
US$40
Hotels.comUS$50
Booking.comUS$50
Destinia.comUS$54
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

They gave me an upgrade on arrival. Quiet place, like every IHG property this hotel makes you feel at home. Reception staff so helpful but needs to have more no how of English. Misunderstanding can effect the opponent’s mood. There was a Russian trainee completing her internship, greeted me so nicely at check out. Best of luck to you dear!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Hotel has good location: close to subway station which connects two major railway stations, and close to Xiaoyaojin Park and river. It should be excellent hotel 20 years ago, now room facilities looks not modern. But I was surprised by warmly service. Employees are very friendly with nice smiles, especially they would like chat with guests. Another advantage is wonderful breakfast, which offers many kinds of local delicious.

Room tip: Choose room facing to park and river view
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I imagine that this calibre of hotel is uniform across the whole Holiday inn global franchise.
The bed was comfortable, free wifi was great, breakfast catered more for the Chinese pallette but coffee helped, shower powerful and warm, reception accomodating.
Faultless with regards to Holiday inn really, but then I suppose my scruffy backpacking sort of dwelling when abroad means that a comfortable bed and functioning shower is all I really ever want.
Hefei is an amazing city though. People are so nice here, they want you to feel ok and safe at all times. If you are travelling through then don't dismiss the place, it is so welcoming.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Having always stayed elsewhere on trips to Hefei, this time I decided to give the Holiday Inn a crack of the whip. There are two in close proximity which can be confusing so best to have the address handy for the taxi.

First the negatives. I have no idea whether the advertisement for the "airport shuttle" is the hotel's or Ctrip's but it is quite wrong. There is no shuttle, there is an airport bus which will drop you at the north bus station. From there it is a minimum cab fare to the hotel so no great drama there. Inside the hotel, the only gripe is that some of the carpets are worn and should be replaced.

On the plus side (which far outweighs the above), on arrival a veritable army of concierges surrounded our taxi to take our bags (including up to the room) and it was is we were visiting royalty. The room was clean, spacious and the bed, although not as soft as western beds, was perfectly comfortable. I found the sleep quality good and noise level low.

I don't think the TV had any western film channels but they did have BBC News, albeit it was grainy.

The only meal we ate was breakfast and I defy anyone to find a better one in Hefei - there was something for everyone, including for Americans, eggy bread and maple syrup. Yes I had some!

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff or the general mageress (Cherry), from lending me a computer mouse to despatching someone to the train station with our IDs to collect our train tickets - and refusing to allow me to pay for the privilege.

I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel, it is a mystery to me as to why it is not higher on TripAdvisor than it is. It deserves better and on service alone it is world class. I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2015
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

Very nice hotel that we are staying at for part of our adoption trip. The rooms are nice and spacious. The management upgraded us from two standard rooms to a suit and a room because of construction going on up top. Breakfast included in the rooms was nice. I would give it 5 stars but we have a few things that did not get fixed. The ac, while perfect for us as Americans as it stays cool, is to cold for our children but we are unable to increase the temperature for them. They came up and said how to change it and then did it themselves, changing it from a brisk 21c to 24c but it never actually changed, still at 21c 3 days later. Also we couldn't use the walk in shower in the suit as the water streams out under the door. Easy fixes on these but not something they can do while we are in the room. The service however was great and they came to our room immediately every issue we had for anything.

Date of stay: June 2015