Lowest prices for your stay
HolidayInn.com
US$48
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$50
FindHotel
US$41
Hotels.comUS$50
Booking.comUS$49
Lol.travelUS$60
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Holiday Inn Hefei is a great choice if you come for business or pleasure. Situated in the city centre, just a few minutes distance from the subway and from HuaiHe Lu BuXingJie pedestrian road. The hotel has 26 stories with 3 restaurants - one of the 26th floor (where they serve breakfast) , on coffee place and one restaurant that servers noodles 24/7 where during the night they have a limited menu.

The hotel has a spacious gym on the same floor as the the spa.
The spa is separated from the hotel so you need to pay separately. I has a Chinese massage (like shih tzu where you keep your clothes on) and it was very good and professional = highly recommend checking it out when you’re there.

Breakfast was great - of course, it had a noodles cornet with western food and sushi.
They server over 5 kinds of COLD juice and warm water, of course.

The service at the hotel is incredibly kind , friendly and efficient. I never had to wait to get something, whether it was a paper clip for my SIM card, bottle of water and of course check in. Upon my arrival my air-condition didn’t work. I called reception and got someone coming over after 3 minutes. He checked it out and after a few more minutes another guy from the hotel came over and informed me I had to change rooms as it will break again. Despite the inconvenience it was still very quick so I can’t really say they let me wait.

The shift manger Sunny was amazing - spoke fluent English and helped me to follow up my SIM shipment that was delayed due to bad wether. He was very kind, polite and useful - very impressive and can certainly teach a lot of hotels about high quality service.

The hotel as itself is outdated, but well maintained so you don’t really feel it during the night, but the windows have to be replaced! The double glazing did not prevent loud noise coming from the main road to be heard in my room on the 17th floor at 06:30 AM in the morning. Not to mention an after flight sleep at noontime on the weekend… More isolation would have been nice.

Club lounge seemed to have served almost the same food each day that included basic Chinese food, some veggies, seafood, rice. Very basic. Almost no alcohol where you have to pay for the beer. I used it only when I was too tired to go out. In any case the hotel is other alternatives and there is a hotpot restaurant right outside the hotel.

Room tip: Try getting a room which is high as possible and far away from the road
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

They gave me an upgrade on arrival. Quiet place, like every IHG property this hotel makes you feel at home. Reception staff so helpful but needs to have more no how of English. Misunderstanding can effect the opponent’s mood. There was a Russian trainee completing her internship, greeted me so nicely at check out. Best of luck to you dear!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Hotel has good location: close to subway station which connects two major railway stations, and close to Xiaoyaojin Park and river. It should be excellent hotel 20 years ago, now room facilities looks not modern. But I was surprised by warmly service. Employees are very friendly with nice smiles, especially they would like chat with guests. Another advantage is wonderful breakfast, which offers many kinds of local delicious.

Room tip: Choose room facing to park and river view
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I imagine that this calibre of hotel is uniform across the whole Holiday inn global franchise.
The bed was comfortable, free wifi was great, breakfast catered more for the Chinese pallette but coffee helped, shower powerful and warm, reception accomodating.
Faultless with regards to Holiday inn really, but then I suppose my scruffy backpacking sort of dwelling when abroad means that a comfortable bed and functioning shower is all I really ever want.
Hefei is an amazing city though. People are so nice here, they want you to feel ok and safe at all times. If you are travelling through then don't dismiss the place, it is so welcoming.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Having always stayed elsewhere on trips to Hefei, this time I decided to give the Holiday Inn a crack of the whip. There are two in close proximity which can be confusing so best to have the address handy for the taxi.

First the negatives. I have no idea whether the advertisement for the "airport shuttle" is the hotel's or Ctrip's but it is quite wrong. There is no shuttle, there is an airport bus which will drop you at the north bus station. From there it is a minimum cab fare to the hotel so no great drama there. Inside the hotel, the only gripe is that some of the carpets are worn and should be replaced.

On the plus side (which far outweighs the above), on arrival a veritable army of concierges surrounded our taxi to take our bags (including up to the room) and it was is we were visiting royalty. The room was clean, spacious and the bed, although not as soft as western beds, was perfectly comfortable. I found the sleep quality good and noise level low.

I don't think the TV had any western film channels but they did have BBC News, albeit it was grainy.

The only meal we ate was breakfast and I defy anyone to find a better one in Hefei - there was something for everyone, including for Americans, eggy bread and maple syrup. Yes I had some!

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff or the general mageress (Cherry), from lending me a computer mouse to despatching someone to the train station with our IDs to collect our train tickets - and refusing to allow me to pay for the privilege.

I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel, it is a mystery to me as to why it is not higher on TripAdvisor than it is. It deserves better and on service alone it is world class. I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2015